Grace's lapbook is titled Flowers and Insects in the Garden. It was different than other lapbooks we've done. For one thing, this was way too easy. We created more of an interactive lapbook than one that gives information. There is a flower memory game, matching the number words to the number, reading the color names on a caterpillar. I wish I would have researched it more but oh well. It is cute and she is the type of kid who will play the games in it over and over. We used a tri-fold board for this lapbook and for the Mary Cassatt one. We usually do file folders but I felt like trying something different. I let the girls paint them a couple of weeks ago to make them look a bit more colorful. I really like how they turned out.



This lapbook above and below is the one that we started last summer. It is all about the Fourth of July and our flag. I thought it would be a good way to top off our studies of the United States. We've got all the little books in but have only filled out half of them. We will be working on it the next couple of days. 
Then there's Mary Cassatt. Mary Cassatt is one of my favorite artists and one of Hannah's as well. She was an impressionist and showed her work with Degas, Renoir, and Monet. She has a lot of mother and child pictures that are just precious. This lapbook had a lot of writing and it was a little more than Hannah likes to do. She would have enjoyed it more if we could have taken more time on it. She did enjoy it though and learned quite a bit. We both did. At the homeschool convention I bought a small book of stickers with artwork by Mary Cassatt. We were able to use them to liven up this lapbook and add some color. In the same little kit there were Mary Cassatt tattoos. Nothing like a little fine art tatooed to your arm. How corny is that??? We haven't used them yet but I'll take pictures when we do.




8 comments:
You are such a cool homeschooling Mom! That is why to us you will always rule with the title:
"Homeschool Cool"
THey are great! Can you quick teach me how to do one so maybe I could do one with Lauren? She is studying insects right now!
Wow, you guys have been doing a lot of work!
These lapbooks are incredible!! I love the Mary Cassat lapbook. I agree with Steph. You are an awesome mom. Look at all you do with your children!! You Rock!
Those look awesome! You and the girls accomplished so much since Monday. Way to go!
I am totally impressed! Did you know that you can put the tattoos on paper? Junebug does this with the tattoos that they give out at Sonny's. That way Hannah can use them for more decorations on the lapbook, unless she just wants to wear them. :)
This is great. I think I should do this with my kids. I know they would enjoy it. This blogging thing has opened my eyes up to how much more I could be doing with my kids. Thanks for posting that. Your children are blessed to have a mom who is so motivated.
Now I"M gonna be a cool homeschooling Mom too! Ad nauseum. Lol
Thanks for the lesson!
Wow! You have been busy. They look great.
Post a Comment