
A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...December 22, 2008
Outside my window...it is dark and cool. I think a cold front is moving in. I am cheating and doing this the night before because I anticipate a busy morning. I will probably be in pain as well because I indulged in a ton of sugar today. I was at a cookie exchange and decided to just not worry about the consequences. I'll let you know tomorrow if it was worth it.
I am thinking...I can't believe Christmas is in just 4 days!!!
I am thankful for...a clean house and a husband who is so helpful in getting it clean and doesn't give me a hard time for letting it get so bad.
From the learning rooms...Christmas break!!! Hannah still has a few math lessons so maybe we will get those done but I doubt it. It will depend on how motivated she is.
From the kitchen...I'm thinking about starting a new Christmas tradition--having biscuits and chocolate gravy for Christmas morning breakfast. Ollie can't eat it because chocolate gives him migraines, that's my only hesitation. But--I think it would be fun for the kids. I could make him eggs or something to go with his biscuit.
I am wearing...t-shirt, shorts, Christmas socks, and crocs. I am looking fabulous let me tell you!
I am creating...not a thing!
I am going...to the nursing home in the morning and Christmas shopping after that.
I am reading...Reader's Digest and Lovely Bones--a very weird, somewhat disturbing book. I haven't really decided whether or not I'm going to finish it. I'm only about 1/4 of the way in.
I am hoping...for a blessed week with my family.
I am hearing...techno music blaring. This is the kind of music Ollie likes when he is cleaning.
Around the house...it's clean! Every room! Amazing, truly amazing.
One of my favorite things...chocolate charms--this is a cookie that Sue made for the cookie exchange. Hands down my most favorite cookie ever!!!
A few plans for the rest of the week...celebrating Christmas of course!
A picture thought I'm sharing...
If you want to participate in the daybook, see Peggy here.
5 comments:
I'm cleaning today so we'll have that feeling too. We don't get as messy around here because the kids are older (except the boys "dorm" room) but we've done some rearranging so things are very disorganized... I have trouble thinking when things are like this.
Ann's rolling out and baking sugar cookies right now for decorating with some young moms and their little girls (they invited her to help out) and then they're going to a nursing home too!
You should finish Lovely Bones, I started it and hesitated to finish, but it is a great read!
I agree with Audrey. I enjoyed Lovely Bones. It was a bit strange - as I'm sure you've already figured out - but a good book. I also read her non-fiction book. I enjoyed it, but you may not. I'm looking forward to reading her newest book as well.
I meant to tell you how much I enjoyed your Christmas letter! 100% hysterical! That Joe is a riot, and Grace wanting to freeze him was also quite clever. Thanks for sharing!
Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas. Are you heading to Atlanta at all?
Thank you for sharing your Daybook! I peeked to see that you are in Florida; I wonder what winters are like there.
Merry Christmas from snowy Nebraska! :)
Post a Comment