Wow--May is crazy, just like December but without Christmas. Kind of like how Narnia is always winter but never Christmas. We are trying to wrap up our school year, only about 2 and a half more weeks. Thankfully we are done with a lot so what we do need to do doesn't take too long. This is good because almost every day this week and half of next week we have to fit school in around some other much more fun activities. We finally have a home day today, the first in 2 weeks I think. The kids have their last show of this season next week, they will be performing "Camp Rock 2." I spent a good bit of time yesterday soliciting donations for our drawing at intermission. Next week I will be baking a bazillion lemon bars and chocolate chip cookie bars. We are taking the summer off of theatre and I know we'll miss it but I'm looking forward to lots of free time. I'm going to really work on enjoying the freedom of summer. I actually prefer the routine of "normal" life and struggle some with the lazy days. I have a hard time getting motivated to do much of anything. I am one of those people who thrive in a busy schedule and I glory in being productive. However, with that said, I'm turning over a new leaf. I will enjoy the summer and I will embrace the freedom. Ollie will be home so I can go to the gym whenever I want, I can read as much as I want, I can get caught up on photo books, I can play games with the kids and go to the pool, I can watch movies even in the middle of the day. If you find me not embracing the slower pace of summer feel free to call me on it. I may even try to like the beach, sand up my butt and all. :0)
Well, it's time to get off the computer and start my day--this is not a day of freedom or laziness. I have a long to-do list...after all, it's still May.
No comments:
Post a Comment