
The cast and crew of
Stupid Spies, Part 1 got together on Monday to film
Stupid Spies, Part 2. This filming included a trip to the local FroYO place. I had lemon custard with raspberries and it was really good. I've decided that although I am a die hard chocolate fan when it comes to FroYo (to be cool you must say it that way) I really prefer the fruity flavors. I just don't like chocolate yogurt much. It's not the same as chocolate ice cream which we all know is all kinds of wonderful. Especially if it has brownie pieces in it. Anyway, it was a fun afternoon. The kids are having a great week at theatre camp. I've managed to stay busy during my free hours of the day. I've been productive but have also had some downtime. Of course, as usual I haven't gotten nearly as much done as I had planned but that's okay. There really is no rush.



I have not been in the bloggy mood lately but I don't like to let too much time pass between posts. I like to keep my readers coming back. :0) (I started this post on Monday and I'm just getting back to it on Thursday so if this seems disconnected from the first part that's because it is disconnected--by 3 days). Last Thursday night we had some friends over and had a little karaoke party. It was so fun. Ollie subscribed to some sort of karaoke website and now we have access to tons of songs. We already had a lot of songs but now we have even more--lots of Broadway hits as well as songs that the kids love. We've heard lots of Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, and Selena Gomez. Josh and Joe teamed up to sing that song about "New Yooooorrrkkkk concrete jungle where dreams are something and something...." Josh sang most of the song and let Joe sing the chorus. They were pretty awesome. Even baby Connor and Landon got in on the action.



A friend and neighbor of mine is moving out west. She is also a really talented artist and decided to give me this awesome piece of her artwork. I'm super excited, just what I needed for my foyer and at a very reasonable price (free!). I love it and will be happy to have something to remember her by. Of course, with FB and e-mail it will be easy to keep in touch. 20 years ago it would be likely that I'd never talk to her again but it's easy to keep in touch these days.

I spent my free morning on Monday wrapping up and packing up last year's school. Ever since Hannah was in Kindergarten I've stored each school year's work in these Priority Mail boxes. They are perfect and can easily stack in whatever random spot I find to put them. After homeschooling for the past 7 years I've managed to fill a lot of boxes. Chances are you will find some in any and every closet in the house. I wonder if we will ever open them and look back at what we did.

Sunday I turned on the A/C and spent some time in the kitchen making snacks. I made these bars of awesomeness (see pic above) and they were pretty awesome. :0) The kids have had them for breakfast almost every day this week. They are packed with protein and even Omega-3 so I don't feel bad about them eating them for breakfast. You can get the recipe
here, the only change I made was that I added chia seeds (hence the Omega-3). I love adding chia seeds to everything but my kids aren't so into it. I made the best donuts yesterday and no one liked them except for Ollie and I. I used freshly ground whole wheat flour, coconut oil, fresh peaches, and chia seeds. They also had sugar in them of course. Joe was none too happy about the chia seeds and made sure to let me know. He told me that he is tired of me adding those seeds to everything. The thing is that you CANNOT taste them so why not add them to everything??

Sunday night I ran the lights for a show at Bay Street. Jonathan had programmed them and then made good notes for me to follow and in the end I only messed up once and that was at the very end. I blacked out and then the guys were supposed to run off the stage so that they could come back for bows. The only problem was that I gave them a very short blackout and then the audience saw them run backstage and we all sat there awkwardly waiting for them to run back out and bow. It would have been so much better if it had blacked out, they ran backstage, and then the lights went up again for bows. Oh well.
2 comments:
Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to try that one.
I love the painting! It sorta reminds me of Mom and Dad P's one in their foyer by the front door. I think it will work really great in your foyer! That is really cool she gave you it. I love free original paintings! A friend who just recently moved out of state gave me an original. I called it the Narnia painting. It looks like what I think the Wood Between the Worlds looks like or some woods in Narnia.
Post a Comment