Monday, August 3, 2015

Paris Part Two


We went to the Louvre on Sunday and joined the flocks of people to see the Mona Lisa...you can see it really small in the background of my picture below.  I got as close as I could possibly get, it was neat to see it in person and I had been warned about how small it was.  After seeing the Mona Lisa we continued through the museum as we walked to see Napoleon's Apartment, still just like it was when he lived there.  We saw so many remarkable paintings along the way and spent a few hours in the museum but didn't come close to seeing the whole thing.



The museum was hot in some rooms and we liked standing on these air vents to get some cool air.  :0)


These pictures are all of Napoleon's apartments, the opulence was incredible.




Before leaving we walked out into this statue garden/room, not sure what you would call it.



We found a macaron shop!  These were completely amazing and devoured very quickly!

Later that evening, the kids and Ollie and I took the Metro to see the Grand Arch.  It is in a much more modern part of Paris but it still lines up with the Arc de Triomphe and eventually the Louvre. We enjoyed hanging out on the steps and people watching.  There were a lot fewer tourists here which was nice.








On our last day in Paris, Ollie and Uncle Billy went on a day trip to see some of the sights and battlefields of WWII.  Harriet and the kids and I had planned to go over to the Left Bank and have lunch and crepes and walk around but Grace woke up sick so plans changed.  Hannah met up with a friend from the cruise, a boy from Tifton, Georgia and they went to lunch and walked around the park across from our hotel.  The rest of us took turns going out for lunch and a little shopping so that Grace was never alone in the hotel.  We ate at McD's and at a street vendor where I had an amazing piece of mushroom pizza.  I read an entire book and Joe watched too much tv and it ended up being a relaxing day despite me being totally stressed about someone else in the family getting sick too.  In the end, by the night, Grace was feeling better and no one else got sick and we had an uneventful trip home the next day!






I got up early and got all packed so that I would have a little time to go on one last walk in the park, it was so pretty!



Above was the view outside of Harriet and Billy's window the morning we left, they were filming a movie and were working on the scene where some girl cleans this statue a lot.  We got picked up around noon and were on our way home...  and that wraps up another amazing vacation!




3 comments:

oneblessedmamma said...

Amazing! I'm totally jealous. I'd love to go to France. It looks great.

Steph b said...

I love your walk in the park. And Poor Grace!:( thanks so much for sharing all your pictures and comments!! This has been so fun to read!!!!

Lisa Patterson said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading and viewing all these pictures. What an amazing trip! I hope your week back home has been a smooth transition! love and hugs!