- We have had a busy but productive week. Our schedule has changed considerably and we are adjusting. I have taken a tutoring job that is every day from 8 to 9 am for seven weeks. I am tutoring a friend's son in Pre-Algebra. The bonus of this job is that my friend is a retired teacher and works with my kids helping them through their schoolwork while I tutor her son. So, we are up and dressed and ready to start school by 8--we haven't been this on the ball since October.
- My kids are really, really into the "Little Miss" and "Little Mr." books right now. We've exhausted our library system's choices as well as all of the books in Ollie's library. I've read them over and over and over and the girls have read them to themselves, Joe has even read some of them, and they have traced and colored every single cover. They absolutely love these books, especially Joe. We actually bought a lot of 19 on ebay last night--it was a great price and after my kids have gotten tired of them we will pass them on to all of my little neices and nephews. It was weird to buy books, I never buy books anymore--we have soooooooo many and we use the library but this was a special exception. Joe is so excited that he might make me seriously crazy. It's only 9 am and he's already asked me if the mail is here yet. We ordered these last night, and they are coming media mail, it's going to be a long week...
3. I saw on FB this morning that there is a website, spokeo.com, it is an online phone book that shares tons of personal information including your address, pictures, credit score, etc. You can remove yourself by going to your page and clicking the privacy button at the bottom. Of course I had to go check it out and it's true. My name came up--and I clicked on it. It has my address and lots of other information--some accurate, some not so much. It says that my occupation is professional/technical and that I live in a million dollar house. It also says that my million dollar house is in a below average neighborhood. It says that my hobbies are sports, outdoors, travel, and gardening. The only one of those that is remotely accurate is the traveling. Even that though isn't really a hobby.
4. I am loving Pandora on my iPod. Right now I am listening to "The Weepies" station. I am hearing all sorts of songs that are alternative and remind me of my college days. I keep waiting for a Smithereens song to come on. Maybe I'll change my station to a Smithereens station for old times sake, going to do that now...
5. Our plans may have changed...Hannah is not feeling well. Joe had a stomach bug last weekend, Ollie had it on Wednesday, so far the girls and I have been spared--I hope. Just because Hannah doesn't feel well doesn't mean it's a stomach bug though. She often doesn't feel well in the morning. She's got a weird stomach. We still have at least an hour or more before we have to leave. Hoping and praying it's not the stomach bug...she has theatre tonight and needs to rehearse...
6. "Alice in Wonderland" is in two weeks! I watched a run through on Tuesday and I am so proud of Hannah. She is a great Alice--she has come so far in her acting skills and confidence. I can't wait until opening night!! I can't forget Grace and Joe though--they both have smaller parts and it will be so fun to watch them all. Grace is a flower and Joe is a lobster and a Royal Cardsman. I know I'll be taking tons of pictures and video. I wish I had a good video camera to video the whole thing. I'm sure someone there will video though and I'll get a copy.
7. The other day Joe got all dressed up--shirt, tie, khakis, belt, and a hat. Oh my, he was cute. I'm not sure what got into him and why he wanted to dress up but he did and then wore the whole outfit to the park. He ended up changing when he wanted to play by the creek though. Anyway, I didn't know how to tie a tie and Kris was here at the time and suggested we find a Youtube video to learn. So, I sent Hannah to do that and she learned to tie a tie, much better than I ever could. Here's a picture, I had to get it while Joe was trying to get away from me and my camera. He said that he will wear the same outfit when we go to Williamsburg and I can take a picture then.

2 comments:
What a handsome boy! Hope Hannah is feeling better. Can't wait to see the play-I know they will all do a great job! We'll be there soon!!
Love Mom
Handsome Joe! That Spokeo says I live in a million dollar house in a below average neighborhood too (with Mike, Jonathan, Madi and Mike's sister and we're all in our 40s!!)
Post a Comment