Friday, September 9, 2011

Science Anyone? Art?

Yesterday we went to a play in Orlando and as I was watching the play, "Sideways Stories from Wayside School," I was hit with inspiration. Not so much from the play, although the play was awesome, one of my favorites! It was the set that totally inspired me. And, actually, just one corner of the set. They had these shelves with all sorts of science things, like a science center. Well, we have a playroom that no one has been playing in lately. Mostly they go in there and make a huge mess (like the fort that I had to clean up last night) and then don't go back in for weeks and weeks. So, I turned the room into a playroom (still has an xbox, legos, and puzzles), and a science room, and an art room. The idea is that if all of this stuff is out and readily available then the kids will engage in educational, creative activities in their free time. Not so sure that will happen but at least with all of it out it we may do more science and more art. I was really surprised at just how much stuff we have! Somebody needs to be using it.





4 comments:

Melissa said...

Love it! Great idea! I'm having fun planning a toddlers corner.

ann marie said...

That's a cool idea. I may have to do this for Anthony, just don't knwo where I would put it - we don't have any extra space to give up right now.

Cindy said...

Looks great!

Julie said...

How cool is that?!?