Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Week in Georgia


 We had a great visit in Georgia last week.  Harry was home for Memorial Day weekend so we got to spend a little time with him before he went back to Fort Benning to complete Airborne school.  He jumped out of an airplane twice today and once yesterday.  I could never do that.

 Above is my nephew, Brayden, and his momma and daddy below.

 On Tuesday the girls went to Little Five Points and shopping in and around the Decatur area--on the fringe of Atlanta.  Little Five Points was the super cool place to go when I was a teenager and it was so fun to see it again as an adult.  Some of the same stores are there although changed a little.




 We had way too much fun in this vintage clothing store.  Cheryl and Hannah tried on lots of fun outfits.



 Those black shoes that Cheryl is holding were one of the items we would go to Little Five Points for...
 We had an amazing asian fusion lunch at Doc Chey's Noodle House.  I wish we had one of those around here!





 On Wednesday, the kids and I and Grammy and Pop visited the Georgia Aquarium.  It was pretty amazing and outdid any aquarium I've ever been to...not that I've been to that many but still...










 These two things were at our new favorite store, 5 Below.  Everything in the store was $5 and below.  The girls got a pair of shoes and iPod cases, sunglasses, and a wallet.  And, we took pictures of some of the funnier stuff for sale.

 Friday night we went to the laser show.  This is at Stone Mountain on the big lawn.  You get there early and have a picnic dinner and hang out until dark when the laser show starts.  We had a great time and Grammy and Aunt Lane danced a lot.







 Saturday morning we were up early to visit the Farmer's Market where we ate a breakfast sandwich and bought cupcakes and peaches and then said goodbye and hit the road to Florida.  Oh, and we met this guy.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Fun trip!

Ingle Nook said...

love this post!

Melissa said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! I'm so jealous!

Cristy said...

That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

I would pay Hannah to wear that yellow suit!!!! Lol!