Monday, July 29, 2013

This and That

 1.  We had VBS every night last week and it was a really good time!  I had it easy this year, I helped organize the skits that happened every night before VBS started but then just spent the week hanging out and visiting.  I cut out a few little paper doll men one night, so I worked a little bit.  The theme for this year was "Gotta Move, Keeping in Step With the Spirit."  One of the activities featured was jump roping and the kids really loved it.  They got to jump rope every night after snack time, it was fun to watch them.  Grace played Giana Delicious in all of the skits...she was the fill in co-host of the "show" Extreme Cuisine.  The skits were really funny.  One of the women who came from another church went on and on about how impressed she was that there were so many men in the church actively involved with VBS.  I looked around and she was right, there were probably as many men as there were women there all week.  We have some great men in our church.





 2.  On Thursday, my momma and my Aunt Lane and my Aunt Donna came over for a visit.  They were at the beach for a girls' weekend and took a day to come see us.  We went out to lunch and then watched a run through of the kids' upcoming show and then went out for coffee and dessert.  It was a fun day and good to get to visit with them.  I had another picture of me and my girls and my momma but it disappeared....I'll have to find it and post it later.

 3.  A couple of weeks ago they had a "Disney" day at theatre.  Hannah borrowed a princess dress from upstairs...she's pretty cute.

 4.  We went to the Orlando Rep last weekend and saw "Shrek, the Musical," it was wonderful!!  If you are local you should go see it!  Hannah's friend, Kayla was the voice of the dragon and one of the Three Blind Mice.  She was incredible.
 5.  Hannah and I had a date night last Saturday night and we went out for Thai food.  She got sushi and ate every piece....even most of that octopus piece on the end.  After dinner we went to the theatre where I house managed and she saw Hairspray for the 3rd time.  Our life is slap FULL of theatre some weeks!
6.  I had a whole day on Saturday to be home and get things done around here.  I spent about 3 hours cooking a fridge full of casseroles ready to go in the oven for this week's dinners.  It was time well spent!  This week is a busy one with something every night but tonight and 3 of those nights being show nights.  I made lasagna, tater tot casserole, a Mexican casserole, and Shepherd's Pie with lentils instead of meat.  Not the healthiest week of meals but it's better and cheaper than fast food.

7.  Every month I have a week or so of almost manic energy.  It's definitely hormone related because it's very cyclical.  During this week I plow through my to-do list getting tons of things done, I tackle big projects that I've been avoiding and I don't sleep much...I especially love when this week of energy coincides with a show week as it has this month.  The only down side is it is almost impossible for me to relax...I can barely sit still to read or watch a movie or do anything but look for the next thing to DO!

8.  I've decided to start our school year a week earlier than originally planned.  We have a super busy fall coming up and a week jumpstart will be nice to have.  I think the kids will be ready to start any way and we may as well get going while they are still excited.


3 comments:

Julie said...

Great pics! I love the color of the vbs shirts.

Cristy said...

It makes me happy when you blog...

Anonymous said...

Our kids spent last week jump-roping every day at culture camp, so joe will have some jump rope partners next week! We tried double Dutch too but never quite got it:( I love the feeling of three casseroles on the freezer- way to go!