Wednesday, July 31, 2013
To Diet or Not to Diet....
So, I am a good 20 pounds (or more depending on what you consider overweight...) overweight and have been for a couple of years. The good thing is that I'm consistent. I've managed to maintain this same weight within 5 pounds for 2 years and for a few years about 5 years ago (I had one year in there when I did the Maker's Diet and lost 25 pounds and kept it off for a year or so). I have tried various methods for losing weight but without success. I've exercised, eaten low carb, low sugar, eaten less, and so on. I recently joined Weight Watchers again--not going to weekly meetings, just tracking what I eat and counting points. I'm not doing a very good job and regularly go over my points so in almost 2 months have only lost a couple of pounds and those 2 pounds come and go weekly. It seems the more I think about food the more I want to eat food. So, in that respect, dieting is not really working so well for me right now. I've decided to try something new. It's not a fad diet but is definitely what I would consider a "diet." I plan to combo it with Weight Watchers and count points at least for a little while. Anyway, it's called, "Trim, Healthy Mama," and mommas everywhere (in the FB world and on blogs) are raving about this and saying how easy it is and so on. There is a whole language to learn--S meals, E meals, Fuel Pull, etc. but apparently it's super easy to get used to, stick to, and feed your family in the meantime. I've ordered the book and I'm eager to get started. I have been reading blogs and plan to really do this...make a binder and everything. I'm going to give it 6 months, that's my goal. It's a good time for me to start something like this because we are heading back into the routine of the "regular" year so I'm more disciplined all around. I am even going to do before photos and measurements. I'm really, really hoping to lose the spare tire around my middle. I'll let you guys know how it goes...I'm actually sort of excited. Sort of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I want to hear more about this.
I'd like to hear more, as well.
I gave up on losing weight. Never gonna happen for me. But I do like hearing about others losing weight so can't wait to post updates.
I think Marissa mentioned this one....I look forward to hearing how it goes.
Post a Comment