Cleaning...
- You can count it as cleaning your toilet if you pour a bunch of bleach in it and let it sit until the next person has to potty. Add in a good wipe down with a cleaning wipe and you're golden.
- I'm all about those cleaning wipes. There was a long stretch of time in my life when I refused to buy those because they were more expensive. Now, I buy them when I see them on sale and they are worth. every. penny. You can clean a bathroom in less than 5 minutes with those wipes.
- You can also "clean" your sink by filling it up with hot water and dumping in a bunch of bleach.
- I've heard (and plan to test it soon) that you can clean your microwave by mixing 1 cup water with 1 cup of vinegar and microwaving it for 10 minutes.
- Do a load or two of laundry every day and it never piles up.
- Vacuuming is overrated. Just pick up the big chunks of things as you walk through and make a little pile on a nearby table and throw the pile away at some point that it suits you.
- Make your bed every single day. Only takes a minute and makes it look like you've been productive.
- Buy jarred spaghetti sauce whenever it's on sale. We like Vodka Sauce and any types of Alfredo. I make a big pot of pasta, add some olive oil to keep it from sticking and stick the pot on the table with a couple of jars of sauce and parmesan cheese and everyone adds their own favorite sauce or a mixture. Sometimes I brown ground beef or saute' spinach as an added option but not always. On a special night you could make frozen ravioli in addition to or instead of pasta.
- Quiche with a hash brown crust--no more fussing with pie crust here. I just buy a bag of shredded hash browns weekly now and pour them into the bottom of two greased pie plates and bake it for about 20 minutes on 400 degrees to brown it a little and then pour in quiche mixture. Quiche mixture can be as simple as a dozen eggs and a cup or so of milk and shredded cheese or you can add in green chile, ham, bacon, onions, spinach, whatever.
- Always keep a big bag of dried pinto beans. If you have one of those days where you won't have much time to cook, just start the crock pot in the morning with beans, plenty of water, and salt (on high), and by dinnertime you have a big pot of beans. Add in a bag of corn chips, cheese, and salsa and you've got dinner! If you want to be fancy you can re-fry the beans, you can add in sour cream and guacamole to the topping choices and maybe even chopped tomatoes and black olives.
- Really, really easy dinner--crackers, cheese, fruit, hummus, peanut butter, raw veggies, maybe a loaf of french bread...put it all on the table and call it dinner. If your husband or children think they need meat then throw in a Rotisserie chicken from Publix.
- Ask for (and accept!) help.
- Ask your husband to make dinner one night a week.
- Let your kids (if they are old enough) make dinner one night a week, they'll learn some great skills and you get a break.
- If you have the whole family home on a Saturday morning, put them to work! Set a timer for one hour and everybody work together to get as much done as you can for that one hour.
- Take short mental health breaks. Go in your room, close the door, and read for 20 minutes or take a quick nap.
- Bring a book with you in the car if you might have to wait for any more than 5 minutes for someone or something--grabbing these little snatches of time to read are crucial to my own personal sanity. Not a reader? Become one!
6 comments:
I made quiche last night, but I used frozen crust. I'll have to try hash browns! I love that leftover quiche is breakfast too.
Hash browns?!?! That. Is. Awesome! We have chore day that everyone dreads, including me. And the cleaning wipes ARE worth every penny!
Love this!!! Going to incorporate some of these!!
I love this too! Interestingly, one night this week I made quiche with no crust, another night pinto beans, and last night was pasta! I right there with ya cutting corners!
Thanks for the hash brown crust idea, very handy!
I currently have my teen fixing dinner 2 nights a week and my man helps out on the weekends. It is nice. I just have to plan it, 'cause they just can't seem to come up with very many ideas.
Wipes are good! Kids cleaning their bathroom: priceless! Although we use vinegar for the toilet. Breaks that acid right down.
These are great! I love your Mexican dinners-yum! Remember when we used to make our own wipes!?!? Too much time on our hands, cutting those paper towel rolls...
Post a Comment