Saturday, November 15, 2014

A Week in My Life 2014: Friday

Finally...a day with some time for down time!  I woke up, did my quiet time, had some computer time, woke the kids up and did Bible time with them and then made a big to-do list and set to work doing.  I accomplished quite a bit, not my whole list but I got a bunch of stuff done that had needed doing including beginning the plans for advent devotionals.  I failed at making "Jesus the Reason" for the season last year, at least in our homeschool....last year the reason for the season felt like "perform at the theatre a whole whole lot, and then leave town and visit family for two weeks."  I am hoping to make the holidays more meaningful and celebratory this year.  I bought a book that should lead us in our morning Bible time through the "Jesse Tree" story.  Ideally we would make ornaments too but not sure that will happen...they had some neat ideas for an ornament exchange that I would love to pull together but again..not sure that will happen.  From about 9:30 until 12:45 I answered emails, sent theatre emails, sent children's ministry e-mails, bought a Hanukkah book to read to my fake fourth and fifth children, found an Advent book, helped Hannah with Geometry, did some math with Grace, picked up the living room, packed Operation Christmas Child Boxes, who knows what else...it was a productive few hours though!  Then I took Hannah to work and went to the library to return books and check out some books on CD for my road trip to GA next week.  When I got home I did school with Joe, we went outside because the weather was so nice.   I can't remember what else I did but before I knew it, it was time to pick Hannah up and take Grace to theatre.  Hannah was all smiles when she got in the car.  She had gotten her first paycheck, her boss made her strawberry cheesecake cupcakes, and gave me a puzzle as a thank you for the homeschool advice and encouragement and for the future advice they will need.  It was a puzzle I had actually asked them to order way before they hired Hannah.  It had just come in and they gifted it to me! It is a White Mountain puzzle of the covers of bestselling classic books.  I did almost the whole puzzle last night.  Joe and I watched Addams Family Values and I puzzled away.  I will have it done today for sure.  It might be my favorite puzzle ever.  Anyway, back to my day...we took Grace to theatre and stopped at the bank on the way home to deposit Hannah's check.  Then home for a couple of hours...I started my puzzle.  At about 7, Joe and I took Hannah to a birthday party and stopped for a burger at Sonic on the way home.  Then spent the rest of the evening watching Netflix and doing the puzzle.  Ollie got home pretty late so he missed the fun.  :0)  I had to pick Hannah up at 10:30 and heard all about the party on the ride home and then we all went to bed!  It was a good, productive day with lots of time at home and I am thankful for that!

2 comments:

Steph b said...

I had that puzzle in my amazon cart for you, so I'm glad to know not to order it! It looks so fun!
All this daily life stuff is inspiring me! You're such a good mom!!

Julie said...

I can't wait to borrow that puzzle!!