Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Busy Weekend

We went to a local PowWow on Friday and had a great time. It was pretty low key and not crowded at all--just my style. We started the day watching some Indian dancers and hearing a storyteller. Ollie was there with his school and participated in one of the dances along with some other teachers including Melissa. I've got video of that, I'll put that in another post. They both did a very good job! The kids participated in a couple of dances. One was a friendship dance and the other was a candy dance. Guess which one was their favorite? The big thrill for the girls was all the booths set up for shopping. They each bought a couple of "grab bags" that had goodies in them. The first one Joe bought had a rabbit's foot key chain in it and I thought he was going to vomit or faint when he pulled it out. He had never seen such a thing (except on his pet rabbits) and couldn't believe they'd make a key chain out of the real foot of a rabbit. I doubt that it was a real rabbit's foot but he gave it to Evan anyway. His next grab bag was much better--he got a leather pouch necklace and some other Indian jewelry. He's wearing it in the pictures. He got to try out the blow gun and the drums. I have no pictures of the girls because they were too busy shopping.



Friday night some of the theatre kids performed some of the numbers from Grease at our local Chick-fil-a. They did a great job and thoroughly entertained everyone in the restaurant. Stay tuned for videos in the next post.

Hannah woke up Saturday morning and came out of her room dressed as an Indian--she made the headband herself and it's quite funny. On American Idol last week they showed one of the contestants making headbands with a glue gun and ribbons and such and that has totally inspired Hannah. She has spent much of the weekend creating headbands. I have to say that they are very cute, too bad she doesn't actually wear headbands...
Saturday night we had dinner guests and Lexi and Brie adored the rabbits, and all the dress up clothes. We had a good time visiting with some good friends.
And, then today Hannah and I babysat Ms. Amanda's baby, Landon. He was so sweet, I just loved having a little baby to snuggle. Notice his "Grease" onesie--he's ready for the show!
That's all folks!! Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Madison was very inspired with the headband that Grace was wearing - that Hannah made. The glue gun is now running hot in our home. She is gluing tiny beads onto bobby pins. They look quite cute.

Ingle Nook said...

He is so cute!