Sunday, May 23, 2010

Adoption--Wanna Help?

I am a regular reader of an awesome blog, Storing Up Treasures in Heaven. This woman and her husband have 10 children and many of them are adopted. I don't remember how many but at least 4 if not more. Anyway, this woman has an amazing heart for adoption. There are so many children out there who need homes, many in our country and in other countries. Unfortunately, it is very expensive to adopt. I don't think Ollie and I will ever adopt children but I still want so much to be a part of adoption. One thing I can do is help financially. We don't have much but I can share some of what we have. Right now and for 12 more days, Storing Up Treasures is trying to raise $10,000 for adoption. Not for themselves but for 26 other families who are raising money to adopt. You can read all about it right here. They are asking for small donations, $5 or $10. I am embarrassed to say that I have been known to spend $5 for a cup of coffee. I'm sure we have all spent $5 on something unimportant. Here's a chance to make that $5 really matter in the life of a child. So, go check it out and consider a small donation. It's for an amazing cause!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for this.