Thursday, May 20, 2010

What's Up continued...

I am full of warm fuzzies right now--how can I not be--this is what's going on around here-- I just baked a blackberry cobbler with blackberries from our yard and it smells heavenly in here. Hannah and Ollie are doing karaoke and right now Hannah is singing "Love is a Battlefield." If you have some time and want to laugh your butt off--go to Youtube and search for "Total Eclipse of the Heart Literal Version," it's hilarious! That has nothing to do with Hannah singing "Love is a Battlefield" but something reminded me of it. Anyway, Grace is here in front of me coloring and Joe keeps coming in and dancing with some pretty awesome moves. I love relaxing nights at home especially after a time of busyness.
I survived Disney Quest today. I can't really say that it was fun but the kids had a good time. I think they would like it more if they were older though. So, if you have younger kids, save your money and go when they are older and can easily play all the games. I got some of my book read while the kids did some things on their own like the Animation Academy where they learned to draw Mickey Mouse. I was tired when we got home and didn't really feel like making dinner so I cut up a bunch of apples and toasted a whole bunch of english muffins and then put butter, jelly, and peanut butter on the table. We also cooked some eggs in our microwave egg cooker and Hannah, Ollie, and Joe had those. It was easy and everybody was happy. I tend to overcomplicate dinner thinking I need to make a big meal every night but some of our best meals are the super simple ones. I also didn't have to do dishes. We've now trained the girls to do dinner dishes and that is their job after dinner. I am loving the freedom of just helping get the food put away and letting them do the clean up. Actually, Ollie puts the food away so I am free after dinner to go do my own thing. We should have done this a long time ago!
Hannah is taking a babysitting class on Saturday and today she bought a book at Barnes and Noble called "The Babysitter's Business Kit." It's really neat and she's very excited about babysitting. If any of you local blog readers want to hire her give her a call. She doesn't stay alone much right now but she loves to be a "mother's helper," where she takes care of and plays with the kids while the mom is home or goes along on outings to help. And, she's cheap! You don't have to pay a babysitter as much if you are home. She's very good with babies too even though she's still young. Her kit came with business cards so be forewarned, she'll probably be passing them out soon. Joe and Grace bought some more "Little Miss" books at Barnes and Noble. They sure love those books. Joe reads them all the time, it's really helped him get better and better at reading.
(Now Hannah is singing, "Eye of the Tiger." Love that song too!)
Well, I am thinking it's time to eat that cobbler. Peace out friends!
BTW--is anybody still reading this or did I lose all of you with the profusion of Alice videos? I have had almost no comments for a week (except you Julie--thank you!).

5 comments:

Melissa Blount said...

I'm still reading, and I wish I had been there last night. Sounds like a fun time (especially the cobbler). Tell Hannah I want to reserve her services for the months of October, November, December, and uh... maybe forever.

Melissa said...

I'm still reading.

Ingle Nook said...

I'm reading!

DebiH. said...

I'm reading! And I watched all of the Alice videos even though I saw it live twice! :)

BeckyJoie said...

I always read, even if late. Your blog is like a bedtime story.