Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy Tuesday

It's our first real day of summer vacation--woohoo! We finished up school on Friday and I am pleased with all that we finished. Each of the kids finished their math and most of the workbooks they had started this year. Grace didn't finish her spelling workbook but she started late and I didn't expect her to finish. Hannah managed to do all the reading for My Father's World's "Creation to Greeks," which was a huge accomplishment since we started that late too. So, today begins a fun, busy summer! This week is relatively calm and I'm thankful for that because the rest of the summer will not be. :0)
I'm pretty frustrated with myself today--this time last year I had lost a good bit of weight and really dramatically changed my diet and felt good. I didn't think I would ever go back to bad habits. Well, I was really wrong about that. I've managed to gain pretty much all the weight back and have slipped into some terrible eating patterns. Starting today, I'm trying to get back on the wagon. I have so much knowledge now about how to eat healthy, I just have to do it. I am off to a good start, I had oatmeal with bananas, berries, and chia seed for breakfast--no sugar. Lately, I've been not eating breakfast until I'm absolutely starving and then I eat something unhealthy and too much of it because I am in a hurry and starving. I just take it one meal at a time and go from there. Sugar is my biggest problem, and this summer of frozen treats isn't helping. Thankfully, I don't even really like the Klondike bars so they aren't a big temptation. One of my pet peeves is when people who are dieting can only talk about what they ate and didn't eat so don't worry, I'm not going to do that here. Just today...
Well, I am having writer's cramp and everything I think to type sounds stupid so I'm going to go now...I need to go get the kids' stuff ready for their evaluation and make up some reading bingo cards...peace out my friends.

4 comments:

ann marie said...

One meal at a time is a good way to go. I'll be battling the healthy food choice thing for there rest of my life, but I feel like if I do good most of the time, I'm doing okay. Good luck with it and don't be too hard on yourself.

Melissa Blount said...

Sorry for the negative peer pressure last night! I won't suggest pizza for a while....

Cristy said...

Honey, come sit next to me. I actually had to go buy fat shorts. Again. I had given away all the ones I had when I lost the weight. Ugh!

amy w. said...

girl i so understand. i can go w/ out sugar and then if i get a little bit ...it's like a crack addict! I've done that several times but my health declines quickly so that keeps me on the straight and narrow :>) well....most of the time....
You can do it i know you can.