Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Seven Quick Takes and Pics!

1. Landon and I will be spending a lot of time together this summer. My kids are in theatre camp five days a week from 9 to 2 and I get to keep Landon three of those days. For anyone who knows me at all you know that this is thrilling for me. I love babies and I'd have had a dozen if my hubby and my bank account would have allowed. Our first day yesterday was a busy one.
2. Grace didn't get to go to the first day of summer camp because she was sick. I am assuming she has/had the same thing Hannah had our first days of vacation. She had a fever all day Sunday and most of the day yesterday and a sore throat. Today the fever is gone, the sore throat is minimal and I'm expecting the snot to start flowing. I sent her to camp with a pocket full of kleenex. I tried to make her a smoothie and our blender broke so we were forced to go to Sonic. Hate when that happens. :0) She enjoyed her tropical smoothie while watching hours of "Suite Life on Deck," on Netflix.
3. We also had a visit from Anna Grace and Jack Henry, they came over for an hour or so while their momma went to work. Landon thought JH was pretty cool. I'm not sure what JH thought, he's a little young yet but he's smiling in the picture below so I'd say he was pretty happy. Have I mentioned how much I love babies? And I got to have two yesterday! Again, if you know me you probably know that my lifetime dream is to have twins. I tried it out yesterday--piece of cake! :0)

4. Here's Landon's makeshift crib. I check on him constantly for fear that he'll wake up, start scooting, and hurtle himself over the pillow "wall."
5. With three weeks of my summer looming ahead and I can hardly decide what to do with myself. I have a great puzzle, I need to catch up on scrapbooking, and of course, there's always another book to read! These days fly by though. Yesterday I accomplished nothing. Today I got the bathrooms cleaned. My plan is to clear off the school table and set up a scrapbooking table. I mostly make photo books online now but I have some albums that I need to catch up on the old fashioned way. I also plan to do one cleaning project a day. The whole house needs a good scrubbing so maybe if I work for an hour or so a day by the end of three weeks it will be mostly clean. Or all dirty again as often happens! :0)
6. I'm reading a great book right now that Melissa recommended, it's "Winter Garden" by Kristin Hannah. By the way, I know that grammatically speaking I should underline the title but blogger doesn't offer underlining as an option. The last book I read was a book written by a man who has Asperger's (a high functioning form of autism) and it was really interesting to see life from his perspective. It was called, "Look Me in the Eye."
7. I bought myself a new pair of shoes last night and I am so excited. They are Keen sandals. Here's a link if you care--Newport sandals. I've wanted this type of shoe for a million forevers. They are expensive but I have to spend about that much on shoes anyway because of my plantar fascitis. I buy a new pair of Birkenstocks about every two years and I've been wearing Birks for about 10 years or more now. I wanted something different and I did the research and I think the Keens will be safe to wear on my needy feet. I am especially excited that they are green! I love color and in all honesty-a little bit of tacky. Like, I can't wait to wear these sandals with a skirt or sundress. Weird and silly I know but true. Shutup Sis! I already know what you are thinking.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Glad grace is feeling better!

I'm looking forward to my time with Landon for the second session of summer camp!

Melissa said...

Great shoes - look super comfy! I only do super comfy shoes. That Landon Danger has the best smile! Happy cleaning!

Ingle Nook said...

I can only say, "Oh my!" LOL! I actually like them...with a sundress?? I'm not so sure. See you soon! Enjoy that sweet baby!

Anonymous said...

Do you want a pack and play for Landon's nap time? I have one that you can borrow.