Saturday, June 5, 2010

Keeping it Real

I failed to mention that Joe hasn't been happy about summer reading at all!  Even though in the pictures I posted he is pleasantly sitting there looking at a big dinosaur book.  I didn't stop and take pictures as he ranted and raved that it's SUMMER and he shouldn't have to do anything and on and on and on.  The first day he screamed and yelled and cried for probably 20 minutes before settling in and just doing it.  The second and third days he put up a fight but it was a little shorter.  I'm hoping that by the end of next week this will be part of the routine and get a little less flack from him about it.  I just have to stay consistent and take the time every day, no matter what.  If I take a day or two off I will be back to square one.  That's just how my sweet little Joe rolls.  

1 comment:

Julie said...

I the car the other day I asked Joe about school being over and he told me yes, but since he still has to read that doesn't feel like school being over because reading is school!! That was right before I read his mind!