Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Big Apple

Hello from NYC! I flew in today to visit with an old friend...actually a girl I used to babysit but she is more than a friend and more than a girl I used to babysit for...more like family. I've known her since she was four and we've kept in touch all these years--she's twentysomething now and living the big life in New York--well, for another month or so anyway. I flew in today on probably one of the worst flights I've ever been on--the seats were tiny with almost no leg room and to get a drink you had to pay $3. Ridiculous! But, I'm here now and that's all that matters. I'm just waiting for Devon to get home from work so that the fun can begin! The kiddos are in GA with my family and happy to be there without me. It's kind of an adventure to be at Grammy and Pop's without Mom. Joe woke me up at about 6:30 this morning and told me, "It's time to wake up and go to Yew Nork!" I think I'll be calling this place "Yew Nork" from now on. I'm not sure what we are going to do but will be planning our itinerary tonight. I know I want to eat Chinese food and see a Broadway show but that's about all I am sure of. I'd love to get tickets to see "Wicked" but we'll see. I imagine it is usually sold out and if I can get tickets they would have to be deeply discounted. I'll try to post pictures while I'm here!
From the Big Apple...Peace out my friends!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Have fun! I'm looking forward to pictures!