Friday, July 30, 2010

Live From New York!

I'm having a great time in New York. After Devon got home from work last night we decided to go to Times Square and try our hand at getting tickets to "Wicked." I had heard that you can often get really discounted tickets by just going to the ticket window a half hour before the show starts and if there are any seats available they will sell them to you at a discounted rate. That probably works better with a less popular show and during the off season. We weren't surprised to find that the show was sold out. So, we just did the touristy Times Square thing instead. We went to the Hershey's store, the M and M's store, and Toys R Us. Then walked to Rockefeller Center. There is so much going on in this city and so many people and so many weird and unique people. We got home pretty late and then stayed up talking until about midnight and by the time I laid down to sleep after a shower it was almost 1. I have a stinky cold and so that discomfort kept me up until almost 2, consequently I slept until 10:30 this morning!! Devon is at work and so I am taking it easy this morning. I put some pics on Facebook but will wait to put pics on my blog until I am home because I'm having technical problems...In a little while I will be walking to the Metropolitan Museum of Art where I will spend a couple of hours until Devon gets off of work. Not sure what our plans are tonight yet. We were going to go back to Times Square and try again but I ended up buying a ticket online for the matinee show tomorrow. Yes, my friends, (unless I've been scammed...) I will be seeing Wicked tomorrow!! Sooooo excited, but a bit nervous (about the scamming part--I looked up everything online and it all seems legit...). Well, I'm off to get ready for my day in the big city! Check Facebook for pics and if I'm not your friend on Facebook then friend me! :0)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! we loved NYC last summer!