Monday, August 2, 2010

Home Again, Home Again

Here are a few more pictures from our time in GA. We got home today and I tell you--no matter how much fun you have on your vacation there is really no place like home. You know where everything is, you know how to operate the shower, you don't have to be social, etc. I was asleep on the couch within a half hour of being home this afternoon. After spending twelve hours in transit from NY to GA yesterday and then 8 hours on the road today I was whupped! I am looking forward to an early bedtime in my own bed tonight--woohoo!!
The night before I left for NY we met my cousin Philip, his wife Jill, their two kids, my aunt Lane, my Mamaw, my brother Ryan, his wife Mandy, their two boys, and my sister all at McD's and we had a throwdown party! We took over that Playplace and partied like it was 1999. We ate cheeseburgers, chicken, and french fries, talked, played, and had a ball. I got to meet my new cousin (I guess she's my cousin--she's my first cousin's baby)--that was the reason for the throwdown. Little Emily did not disappoint--what a cute baby!

Here's Joe and Emily's "big" (actually quite small) brother, Colin. This little guy is a riot! He is fast as lightning and a tiny little thing. Hannah and Grace took turns watching him and he wore them out. At one point Hannah said, "I need a break, we've gone up and down those stairs 18 times!"
And here's my little nephew, Brayden. He talks almost as much as his Aunt Tiffany and definitely asks as many questions as his Aunt Tiffany! "What are you doing?" "What's that?" "Why?" "Why?" "Why?"
Philip climbed up in the tunnel just for fun.
And this is little Philip, I mean Emily. She looks just like her daddy did when he was a baby.
In addition to our McD's fun we managed to have a very busy day on Wednesday. We went back to the $1 movie, this time to see "How to Train a Dragon." Then we went to a magic show at the local library. The magician was okay but not as good as our own local magician. :0) While there I saw the mom of a family I used to babysit for all the time. I LOVED her baby and now I'm friends with that baby (and her mom) on Facebook. She's twentysomething now. Crazy! We had a fun day hanging with my sister, Mandy, and Brayden and Sam.

1 comment:

ann marie said...

I agree. Being home feels so good after being away, no matter how much fun you've had. Cute pics.