I have spent the weekend at the theatre so in honor of that this post isn't titled, "Sunday Evening Post," or "Random, Random, Oh So Random," or any of my other catchy titles used for posts where I ramble on and on. In the theatre when someone rambles on and on alone without any dialogue with another character it's called a monologue. I'm gearing up to inundate this blog with pictures and videos from Hannah's 12th birthday, the show "Honk!, Jr.," and the "Disney Cabaret." Before I do that though I thought I'd just check in and chat a bit. Grab a cuppa and put on your listening ears.
It is Sunday night and I am wiped out. My house is a pretty major mess but I just can't face it yet. That's what tomorrow is for. Ollie goes back to work and tomorrow is the first day back to some semblance of routine for the kids and myself. We are working our way into normal school year life. This week will focus on getting back into chores, getting up early, and morning reading time. Next week we start school! I'm actually excited about this, I feel more ready to start school than I have in previous years. I've tried to embrace the slower pace of summer and maybe embraced it a little too hard. I've spent way too many hours prostrate on the couch with a book in my hand. I don't think I've ever done so little with so many hours. In some ways it was nice but although I was not motivated to do much of anything I also never fully relaxed into it. Most of the time I felt like I should be doing more but just couldn't muster up the stamina to do it. Our message at church today was on Ephesians 6 about slaves and masters and our pastor related it to employees and employers. I came up with my own little application relating it to my own life. My family is my "employer" and my job is to be a godly wife, mother, and home manager. We are all so much happier and content when I am doing my job well and efficiently. I may get much less free time when I am doing my job well but overall I am much more content with my life when I am doing a good job. The verse that will be on the white board this week is "Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people." Ephesians 6:7 I have made myself a list (of course--I'm the Co-Queen of listmaking, the other Co-Queen is my sister) of ways that I can best be a good employee. One of them is taking care of myself spiritually and physically--that translates to getting up early and going to bed early. Getting up early for the gym a few times a week as well as time for prayer and Bible reading. Going to bed early is the hard one for me. I used to always go to bed early but now I have a hard time going to bed once the house is quiet and everyone is asleep. I love those late night hours when I am "alone." Anyway, I am looking forward to my fresh start tomorrow morning.
I'm in the middle of reading two books--two very different books. One is Why Christian Kids Rebel by Dr. Tim Kimmel. I'm loving this book (as much as I can love a non-fiction book...a little boring). This guy is putting into words so much of what I believe but didn't necessarily have words to express. I'll blog about it when I'm done. I am also reading Bossypants by Tina Fey. This book is LOL funny but not necessarily a clean book. I recommend it anyway, that woman is a riot! She is funny on tv but even funnier as a writer.
Speaking of getting back to being a better "employee" in my home--It's 6:30 in the evening and Joe just informed Ollie and I that he has eaten nothing all day. No breakfast, no lunch. I left this morning with scrambled eggs on the table and told him to have some and I guess he didn't. I got home from church, ate a quick lunch, cleaned the kitchen and left again for a couple of hours (to do more work at the theatre), came home and crashed for an hour. In all that time he never told Ollie that he was hungry so Ollie didn't give him any lunch. Poor guy. He needs his momma.
The End.
2 comments:
I am the co-queen to list making...your package is on that list! :) Tomorrow is the plan. It's been a CRAZY couple of weeks.
It's not Sunday anymore, now it's Tuesday, but I was in your house for a few minutes today and it is very clean, and Joe's been here for a few hours and he's had peanut butter and jelly, popcorn and M&Ms.
Post a Comment