Saturday, October 8, 2011
Blogging on a Rainy Saturday
As much as I love living in the Sunshine State I get really tired of all of the sunshine. So, I especially appreciate a day like today. It started raining at some point overnight and it's still raining now at nearly 5 pm. I spent most of the day finishing a book that I started earlier this week--Beach Trees by Karen White. It was a pretty good back set in New Orleans/Biloxi. It's a bit of a mystery and love story combined. Once I finished that I sent a bunch of church info e-mails and then cooked some lupper (lunch/supper) and then cleaned the kitchen. Now I've got some hardtack baking and Johnnycake waiting to be baked. I plan to let my kids try these colonial foods and also take them to my co-op class on Monday. Now I have an hour and a half before I'm headed out to the theatre to see the play, "Dracula," with the girls and some of their friends. The last day I blogged was Tuesday and I was feeling pretty good about juggling life and school and meals and all that. Well, it all came crashing down as I left the coffee shop that night. My car wouldn't start. Ollie came and spent a couple of hours trying to fix it while the kids and I patiently and not so patiently waited for him. I spent half the next day arranging and waiting to get it towed. The rest of the week flew by in a flash. I never did feel like I had it all together again last week. Meals were spotty and school got done but barely with no extra time for a bike ride or game or anything else "fun." We did have a field trip yesterday though to see the play, "A Wrinkle in Time." That's all the school that we did for the day. That's why our other days were so full--cramming 5 days worth of school into just 3 days but we did it. As we head into this week I have no lofty ideals of healthy meals or a clean house. The kids have their show next weekend and I will be at the theatre for rehearsal Mon thru Wed evening as I have to learn the lights so I can work them for the Fri/Sun shows. Thankfully my fridge/freezer are pretty full of convenience food options. I also spent some time Friday afternoon preparing some healthy snack options for the coming week. Aside from the afternoon/evening busyness we will also have co-op, a fall craft day, school, school, school, and a bazillion lemon bars to be made. I love show weeks though. I love seeing my kids on stage performing and having fun. I'm so proud of them. Well, my hardtack is done baking and it's time to do a little more planning for my co-op class. At least I don't ever have to worry about getting bored. :0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Again I commented and again it's not here. When I comment from the iPod it works, from the computer it doesn't!
Post a Comment