Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Heart is Home

It sounded weird to say that my "heart" is home since I have three kids but it sounded weirder to say that my "hearts" were home. So, whatever, you get the picture. I've got my kidlings back under my roof again and that feels good. I thoroughly enjoyed my week but missed them. It feels great to all be together again. We just had a normal afternoon/evening--Grace helped Ollie wash the car, Hannah sorted through all her new jewelry, Joe worked on his sticker book and later we all watched "Wild China" on Netflix and ate dinner and then played Yahtzee. It's been a good day. Even if most of it was spent cruising up and down I-75. We celebrated October 1 and the arrival of cool temps in FL by getting a pumpkin donut at Dunkin' Donuts. You know what--it wasn't good. I had their pumpkin space iced latte a couple of weeks ago and that wasn't good either. Super disappointing. I think we'll have to make some pumpkin donuts of our own. I need to find a recipe.



I'm off to shower and head to bed. Normal life returns in full force tomorrow....

No comments: