Thank you to Amy for telling me about Google Plus! Worked like a charm and now I have lots and lots of pictures to post!
We had a great time in Georgia--never a dull moment. Above is Harrison, my nephew who is about to go into the army in January giving Grammy a ride in the kitchen. :0) And, Pop and the kids played many rousing games of Mexican Train. It seemed as though someone was always cheating or being accused of cheating. They were pretty funny.
The day after we got there we all got dolled up and drove out to some old farm and took family pictures for about 2 hours. We took pictures of the whole family as well as individuals of everyone and then each family had their own little photo session. I can't wait to see the pictures!
After pictures, my sis and I did some shopping and tried on fun Christmas hats in the Hallmark store.
On Wednesday we went to the mountains in North Georgia, stopping first for fried pies and boiled peanuts at J-Mor Farms. We went to Amicalola Falls and I walked down 600 steps past the waterfall. My knee held up quite well but I don't think I would have easily made it back up. Thankfully, Grammy and Pop made the climb back up to get the cars while Ollie and I hiked down to the parking lot with the kids. There were lots of fun rocks to climb on.
On the way home we stopped at the Varsity for dinner.
Thursday night the girls went out Black Friday shopping. We started at Target, then went to Wal-mart, then stopped for sustenance at Steak and Shake and then to go fight for $20 boots at Belk. It was lots and lots of great fun!
Later that evening we sat around a fire pit and made S'mores and told "ghost stories," for some reason the kids thought that meant holding a flashlight up to your face while you told your story. It was a fun day and evening. I didn't get any pictures of our Thanksgiving feast but it was good! Really good and we all ate and ate and ate.
1 comment:
I loved looking at these pictures!!!!
Post a Comment