1. Okay, so maybe there are more than a few Seuss pictures....The picture above is the set and this picture doesn't do it justice. It was just awesome, I especially loved the floor! In the picture below, Hannah is a Bird Girl, she played a Bird Girl for 5 shows and Cat in the Hat for two. She was awesome in both roles but the Cat in the Hat was my favorite. She popped in and out throughout the whole show and played the Cat, Dr. Dake, an auctioneer, a Circus guy, and more. She was great. Grace did a great job as Gertrude McFuzz, I was so proud of her! The singing was the easy part for her but she struggled with the acting until she decided to just "go for it," and quit holding back and worrying. She was great. Joe played a Who for 5 shows and Jojo, the little boy who has lots of "thinks" for 2 shows. He was great and has definitely found his confidence on stage. I was so proud of all of them and of all of the kids who were playing the main parts. They were all great and a joy to watch.
2. Today was the best Mother's Day I ever had which was a really nice surprise. We have had such a busy weekend and even had a show today and so I didn't expect much of anything from the family except that we had decided to go out for dinner. I knew my kids hadn't had time to shop and Ollie doesn't usually get me anything without them. Well, they really surprised me. My girls, who will sleep until nearly 10 am when I let them, got up at 7 am and made me breakfast in bed. I had eggs, english muffin, bacon, and hot tea. They even laid a rose across the tray. Then Joe gave me some lavender lotion that he "bought" from Ollie. When I finally got up, there was a nice gift basket on the table with a little teapot and hot tea bags from Ollie.
3. My first few Mother's Days were disasters! I had big expectations and they went unmet. My first Mother's Day, Ollie had plans but didn't say anything, not even Happy Mother's Day until the late afternoon and I thought he wasn't going to do anything and we ended up in a big fight. The next few were similar and not good. Then, I just quit expecting anything, and so was happy with anything. Ollie has always done something and always makes it a special day, he just doesn't start the day off with making a big deal about it and for many years the kids were too little to do anything without him clueing them in. So, today was really, extra special because everyone put forth the effort and it felt good to be shown love in that way.
4. After a very, very busy 6 weeks we are finally done with the craziness. It's been great but I'm worn out. When I wake up tomorrow, the only thing I have to plan for is school with the kids and we're almost done. Just two more weeks and then we are done whether we're done or not. Hannah finished Virtual School and Grace should finish tomorrow. Wooohoooo!!! I'm finally ready to start really thinking and planning for school next year. I'm really looking forward to going to the convention soon. I need to be refreshed and restore my vision...I'm a little burnt out. Or also maybe a lot burnt out.
5. I am taking myself off of sugar for the next two weeks. I've already gotten used to coffee with just half and half. Unfortunately, I have to go to the store in the morning before I can have coffee b/c I accidentally bought fat free half and half and it's terrible. AnnMarie--could you swing by Publix during your bike ride and deliver the half and half to me?
That's all I've got....too tired to think anymore. Peace out, peeps!








2 comments:
You are right. FF half and half is awful. Fat free anything is, really. And I wish I had seen this earlier cuz I really would have run to Publix store after I dropped Maggie off at school. Too bad for you! :) Glad you had a good Mother's Day. Maggie told me she was going to get me diamonds for mother's day...still waiting on that one.
I don't have a specific comment, I'm just here to say I'm catching up on your blog. :)
Post a Comment