Outside my window....it's cloudy and the weather man is saying we're getting more rain today, it's a wet week here in Florida and if you know me at all then you know I.am.happy.about.that.
On my mind...so much! Taking life one day at a time right now so for today my mind is full of all the things I need to do to be ready to go out of town tomorrow for the weekend. My nephew graduates Basic Training on Friday so Grace, Joe, and I are heading to Georgia on Thursday afternoon. I plan to get completely packed and get the car packed today. Tomorrow we leave the house at 7:30 am! Hannah has Senior Tour performances at a local elementary school, then lunch, and then the rest of us hit the road! Hannah is staying behind because she has dress rehearsal for Seussical on Friday. That show is next week! So, that's on my mind and my schedule too. It deserves its own paragraph....
Seussical...well, full run throughs started last week and the show needs lots of work! Rehearsals have been added and extended and since my kids are in two casts for this show they have had and will continue to have rehearsal almost every afternoon until 7:30. Joe and Hannah also have added parts that they are having to learn pretty quickly. Actually, Joe has known his added part, he's been playing Mr. Mayor for rehearsals for the other cast and will now be doing two shows as Mr. Mayor. His "son," Jojo (played by Jake one night) is taller than him so that will be funny! It's going to be a really cute show and I hope all of my local blog readers will try to come and see it! You won't be disappointed, I promise. :0) Of course, I'll be posting tons of videos...
What I've been reading...I just finished Glennon Melton's (from the blog Momastery.com) book, Carry On, Warrior and it was great! I highly recommend it, her transparency and honesty and big heart are so refreshing and inspiring. I also read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn over the weekend. I can't recommend this book enough! Go read it! Surprises around every corner and characters that will stay in your mind long after reading.
On my iPod...I bought some new music last week and so did Grace and we shared. I bought JJ Heller's new album, "Loved," and it did not disappoint! So good and speaks right to my heart. I also bought 2 Coffey Anderson songs, he is a christian worship guy. I also got a christian song from Jason Castro and Grace got songs from Kari Jobe and Mandi Mapes...also christian artists. I rounded out my purchases with a Scotty McCreery country song called, "That Old King James." I love his music! Grace has turned into a huge fan of music and listens to Pandora all the time. She added a Bruno Mars song and a couple of Ed Sheeran songs too and another couple I hadn't heard of before. She's pretty well rounded for a 12 year old, of course she loves Taylor Swift and One Direction but also has found some christian artists she likes and of course she loves the music from Broadway musicals, Les Mis is her latest obsession.
From the homeschool room....well, school has not happened yet this week. I was out all morning on Monday and then we babysat before theatre and then theatre, we had a morning of rest yesterday and then lunch at Pizza Hut to use our Book Its and then PE and then getting ready for theatre... I'm hoping that the girls can make some headway today in their virtual school classes. Joe is going on a field trip to a worm farm so that's his school for the day. Hannah will also have Friday to get some schoolwork done but not Grace and Joe. I'm not stressing about our unproductivity this week (and next week may be worse), we are in the home stretch and we're just finishing up things now anyway. If we had to end our school year today I would be satisfied. We've had a really good, productive, full school year and I know each of my kids have learned a lot and are at or above grade level in everything. I think I've already said this in my last post...can you tell I think seriously about ending our school year today every morning?
2 comments:
Cute pics. I hope Hannah is going to Maggie's school. Also, wish I was on facebook just so I could like that smiley pic of Grace.
I'm loving Carry on Warrior too, I just took a short break from reading it to catch up on blogs. I think Glennon writes a lot like Ann Marie (whom I would tag if this were Facebook... And if she was still on Facebook!!). Also Ann Marie, if you are reading this, we are going to Maggie's school, I think next Thursday, but if not then it's the Thursday after that.
Post a Comment