Today did not quite turn out as planned--Grace is sick and probably has the flu. About half of the kids if not more in the show this weekend were sick at some point and it just kept spreading. I've even heard of a few people who came to the show that are now sick. Amazingly, Hannah is not sick...yet... and she was the one trapped backstage with all the sickies. But, Grace has had a fever since yesterday afternoon and feels pretty cruddy. Joe has a croupy cough but no fever and feels fine. I'm not sure what to do about my trip to GA. I may have to cancel for this week which would be a HUGE bummer but I don't want to go and not get to do anything we've planned because the kids are sick. I think I could go next week though if I have to cancel this week. I need to check the calendar but I think we're free. Pray that tomorrow brings healthy children and wisdom and clarity as to what I should do. In addition to praying I'm keeping Grace well hydrated and have given them each a few doses of colloidal silver. The lady at the health food shop said it's a natural anti-everything--antibiotic, antiviral, and so on. We'll see how it works. I also made Marissa's chicken stew with about 10 or 12 different vegetables and extra garlic to help boost their immune systems. And bought some OJ--that was a pretty complicated decision making moment--do I want "No Pulp," "Lotsa Pulp," "Medium Pulp," "Pulp Free, "Pulp Full," and so on. There were at least 10 choices for OJ. I don't even remember what I got now.
On a positive note I have been more relaxed today than I've been in weeks. There was nothing that I HAD to do or prepare for and I loved it. This is what my life could be like if I quit getting involved in so much stuff. But, honestly, too much of this and I would get bored. I live for the action and adventure. A day or two or even a week sounds great though!
Well, I'm getting tired so I'm going to put myself to bed early. Peace out my friends!
8 comments:
Dang it! Feel better! As a director, I understand wanting everyone there but yikes on all the sickies not staying home! Swine Flu for all is NO FUN!
PS - Hopefully Amanda will stay well, that flu is scary for pregos!
I have had those moments standing at the store unable to make a decision on something because there are too many choices. I can relate to that one on the OJ.
Hope she feels better soon.
Seems this stuff is hitting everyone lately. Hope it blows through your house super quick!
I had the OJ all figured out until Tropicana changed the packaging about 6 months ago! It used to say "HEALTHY KIDS" on it...added Calcium and stuff, no pulp..the new carton, same juice..doesn't say "Healthy Kids"! Don't they know that mom's in the store are in a hurry! We don't have time to figure this out in the juice department!
Nate didn't go to the play so I am wondering if someone going to the play just drove by my house and tossed some germs our way!? Then Abby just needed to bring home a little extra when she went to see it!
Hmmm...maybe that is where Mike caught his bug. He is not well today either. Sophie is still hacking, but not as bad. She did throw up today though, but I think that was car sickness.
Did you get some oscillococcinum?
I hope everyone feels better soon!
I hope everyone is feeling better. I know how hard the decision is to travel or not travel when kids are sick. Someone always gets sick here right before we go to North Carolina. We are praying for everyone to feel better.
pray you guys know what you need to know by now. The play pics are great!
Post a Comment