I know, I should be at church but I'm not. We have been soooo busy for the past week and Hannah has her last show today at 12:30. There is not time to come home and eat and get ready between church and her call time so I would have to be ready to leave for pretty much the whole day at 8:15 this morning and I just couldn't do it. I think, no I know, that God understands. I needed rest for my soul this morning and I've gotten it. I got up and had a great time of prayer, Bible reading, and reflection. Did you know that "nothing is too hard for God?" I was reminded of that as I read in Genesis 18 this morning. That's what God told Abraham when he was promising him a child even at his advanced age. Ollie has been watching church on the computer and the service he watches has some beautiful music so I've had a time of worship as I've cleaned the kitchen, made breakfast, served breakfast, cleaned up breakfast, and got a big pot of soup going for lunch. It's been a good, relaxing morning and just what this weary soul needed. It's been a great weekend but just very busy and exhausting. I am a super social person and also a people pleaser to the max. I love being with people and having fun and talking, talking, talking but once I'm alone I realize how worn out I am. Well, I've spent the better part of the last three days with people. So--I'm tired. I'm looking forward to a quiet day tomorrow with no plans except to dig out our winter clothes and sort through them and pack for our trip to GA. I can't wait to leave. I wish we could leave sooner but commitments keep us here. It's my turn to work the concession stand during Grace's game on Tuesday in addition to Joe's game Monday, and Hannah and Joe have theatre on Tuesday. Oh, and I have my Salt and Light Bible study on Tuesday night. But come Wednesday morning--we are OUT OF HERE!!!! I can't wait. I really can't wait.
The weather is wonderful today!! The high is supposed to be 68 and I think it was down to 46 this morning. My little Floridians have had some funny reactions to the cold. Here are a couple--
- Yesterday Grace said she was as cold as a penguin at the north pole. Then Hannah told her that she must not be very cold then because penguins at the north pole have a layer of fat that keep them warm so they are not cold. For you northerners--it was 57 degrees. And Grace thought she was as cold as she'd be at the north pole.
- This morning as Joe was laying on the floor all bundled up like a burrito in a blanket he said, "I'm tired of this cold weather." One day of it and he's tired of it.
Well, I hope you have a restful Sunday! If you are local and haven't made it out to see "Once on This Island" you have one more chance today at 2. This has truly been one of the best shows these kids have done. The music and choreography is just great! I'll have some pictures to post later.
Peace out!
1 comment:
Funny that you said Joes was bundled up like a burrito, because I just told Jake that he was bundled like a burrito last night (and I hadn't even read this yet). Then he sang "burritos... Ha..." like the part about mosquitoes in Mama Will Provide.
Post a Comment