I woke up so unmotivated today to do much of anything. It was a busy weekend and I really needed a day to recover but no rest for the weary...we managed to get in a full day of school with all three kids.
Hannah is at the end of two of her virtual school classes and all she has left are big projects in each. I am so, so tempted to just let her skip these projects. It's not like I'm recording these grades anywhere, we don't start keeping a transcript for a couple more years. In Art she has to create a comic strip incorporating everything she's learned in the class--proportion, value, emphasis, unity, etc. In Keyboarding she has to research a career she might like to pursue and then create a Power Point presentation to present her findings. Then she has to write a business letter to some fictitious person. It all sounds like a lot of work that we don't really have time for right now. As much as I want to, I'm not going to quit before having her do these projects because I don't want to set a bad example for her or misrepresent homeschoolers in FLVS. My goal is for her to be done with these two classes by the end of this week. It's a busy week but we are just going to have to fit it in, even if we have to do school at night.
I am changing Joe's school a little bit to make it better for him and for me. He's been struggling which means that I've been struggling as well. Today went well. My goal for him in math is to memorize his addition and subtraction facts so he can feel more confident as the problems get bigger and harder. Today he did flash cards on my iPod and it went great, he had multiple choice questions and it told him right away if his answers were right or wrong. I have lots of ideas for some fun ways to practice these skills. I have been convicted of the fact that school is really no fun for Joe at all, so I'm working on including some fun activities, games, and reading books on topics that are interesting to him. Today went well...
Grace is having a great school year. She's making big strides in all subjects and I'm very proud of her. It's not much fun but she's learning. We are doing a science program that she asked to do--learning about birds and other flying creatures.
So, how was your Monday?
3 comments:
You are a wise momma to make changes in Joe's school schedule. I hope it continues to go well.
Praying he continues to have fun -good for you for trying to make learning more fun!!!
Glad it was a good day for you and Joe! My Monday wasn't great, but my Tuesday is pretty good so far as I am sitting in the lobby of the Rep picking up a wireless signal while Jake and Madi and you and your kids are watching Winnie the Pooh!
Ding Dong the witch is dead is playing here in the lobby right now!
Post a Comment