
For a quiet week with very few commitments we managed to fill it up as usual...we did some fun things though and it was nice to be able to be spontaneous. Thank you to Amy for sharing the link for making
Tie Dye papertowels. It was just the thing to turn around a grumpy afternoon for the kids and myself. It was super easy and they turned out really good!


For art this week Hannah had to visit a local art gallery so we made a morning of it and invited a couple of friends along for our little field trip. We walked downtown (that was PE for the week) and started out at a local coffee shop where the kids had their own table while the moms chatted it up. Then we went to the art exhibit. If you are local, you really need to go check this exhibit out--the art was amazing. Some of the pieces looked just like photographs!



Gracie wanted to steal a french fry...she and I share a similar dream of a french fry that big! The girls took turns pushing Landon, he was a good baby all morning!


I finally got suckered into the button puzzle and ended up staying up until 12:15 Friday morning finishing it. Then I woke up just a mere 5 hours later to hit the streets with AnnMarie. Joe has already started a new puzzle, a presidents one from Jake. I'm thinking he can handle that one all on his own though. It's just a 200 piecer--it looks really fun and it's hard for me not to just go do it right now but I really want to let him do it himself. He actually did almost half of the button puzzle but I couldn't resist working on it and then finishing it.

We had Landon with us again last night while his mommy and daddy performed in a local show. After dinner we walked downtown, down by the lake, and home. There was supposed to be an event at one of the shops downtown but it ended up being a bust. We enjoyed our walk though, it was a beautiful night. Joe wouldn't cooperate for any pictures, that's his new fun game--to run from me and my camera.


I'm enjoying a Saturday all alone...kids are at the beach with Ollie. I slept in until 9:30 and have already had a nap and finished a book I was reading--"The Santa Cruise." It was an okay book, nothing spectacular. It was a short book which is the only reason I even managed to finish it. Now, it's time to do something productive--clean, fold laundry, etc. etc. etc. Happy Saturday!!
3 comments:
Those towels look great-thanks for the link; we might have to try it! Love that you went to an art gallery with the kids!The puzzle looks great! I'm thinking we might start doing puzzles (It might help to keep the half of the dining room table we don't eat at a little cleaner, too!)
Can you ask Grace if I can borrow her skirt and shirt - the one she wore to the art exhibit?? Adorable! Hannah looks like a little mommy! She is going to be SUCH a great babysitter!
Great update!! The art gallery looks interesting might have to try it out!!
Post a Comment