Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy Monday

It's 12:30 in the morning and I'm still awake.  I know, I'm going to regret staying up so late tomorrow.  Or, maybe I won't because I will wake up to a clean house.  Well, not completely clean but decluttered--everything in its place.  It's been a very busy week and the house had gotten pretty bad and I just couldn't bear to wake up to a mess.  We have a small house and while that's a blessing because it is fairly easy to clean--I can do a pretty deep cleaning of the whole house in just one day--it is also a problem.  When you have a small house, there is just only so many places to put things.  We are at a point where we really need to get rid of some stuff because we are completely out of space.  I would love bigger closets, a bigger kitchen (with lots of cabinets) and a couple more bedrooms.  But, that is not the house I have and I have learned to be content with what I have.  If only I had time to do a big purge...maybe next summer???  Anyway, I made a huge dent in my to do list and that feels great--worth the fatigue I will battle tomorrow.  I'm hoping for a full school day tomorrow but it may turn into a sick day.  Hannah had a low grade fever before bed and Joe is barking like a seal.  If we are going to have a sick week this is the week to get it out of our systems--next week is crazy busy but this week we get a bit of a reprieve to catch our breath and get caught up on some things.  

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh no about Hannah and Joe!!

ann marie said...

I hope the kids feel better. We're spending today re-organizing closets. We put our tree up this weekend and just like every year at this time, I realized how little space we have. I feel like I am just always moving the mess from one place to the next, a constant rotation.