I finally used the sprouter that my SIL gave me last January and sprouted some mung beans. Tonight I'm sauteeing those sprouts with cabbage and onions and white beans with some salt and apple cider vinegar. Interesting, huh? Not so sure my family will like this meal but it's healthy and meatless and they better just shut their traps. Ollie is making some bread to go with it too. I'm not eating the bread at all, trying to avoid those carbs. :0) Not to mention, I love fried cabbage with white beans--yum! Ollie's been bringing home these great ethnic cookbooks from school. Each one is for a different country. We made almost every recipe in the India one and all the recipes were fairly easy and really good. Thursday I decided to make some recipes from Egypt. The food was okay but we discovered that the food is very bland. I made three things--Fish with Nut Sauce, Rice with Vermicelli, and Cheese and Egg Pastries. Not one of these recipes called for any spices, not even salt. I added salt and they tasted okay but nothing special. So, we're done with the Egypt cookbook. Next up is China. Woohoo!! I love Chinese food. After that is Germany. I'll share any recipes that are worth sharing.
Kind of a dumb and boring post...sorry! :0)
3 comments:
You know you still could roast some meat on your roof like you were planning to. Hey...its whats for dinner. ;)
I'm coming to your house for dinner...
I have some mung beans I need to sprout. I have a sprouting lid, but no jar yet. When you did your sprouts, did they turn out big and thick like the ones you can buy in the store? All of the how-to-sprout videos I watched online showed mung bean sprouts that were really tiny. I want to use them in a stir-fry and am not sure how those wimpy looking sprouts would hold up.
Post a Comment