Thursday, June 7, 2012

iPhone Photos...Random

 On our last night in GA, Grace and Joe and I met my sis at Barnes and Noble for dessert and some hang out time.  Of course we took a couple of funny pictures with a book Cheryl found--You're Already Amazing.  She looks really convinced in that first pic doesn't she?  She bought the book and all joking aside...I loved the premise of the book (I'm hoping to borrow it eventually)...God loves us wholly and completely and as we believe that and live that out we find peace.  Particularly as christian women we are always striving, striving, striving to be a good christian, to be a better wife, to be supermom, all while trying to be meek and rise up early and clothe our family in purple, and all that other stuff from Proverbs 31.  Honestly, it can be exhausting.  If we will "let go and let God" much of this will be accomplished in our life because when we are connected to the vine we will naturally produce fruit.  Without all of the striving.  Did y'all enjoy my sermon?  Now you can skip church on Sunday. 

 Doesn't everyone take pictures of bookshelves and books at the bookstore?  It's a lot faster than making a written list. 




 One feature I love about the iPhone is that I can take a picture of the screen.  I save a lot of stuff that way.  The picture above is one of the cool artsy photos that my bro-in-law has made.  Isn't it cool?  Below is something I'd like to do with our water pitcher in the fridge.  It's not uncommon for Ollie to add fruit to our water--usually orange slices and it really is good.  These combos below sounded really good and fresh. 

 I've finally started the Emeals meal plan.  I'm doing the Clean Eating one and it's been great.  Above was dinner on Tuesday--Chicken Nicoise salad. It called for red potatoes but we actually had some purple ones and they added beautiful color to the salad.  It was really good and so fresh and healthy.  At the bottom of this post is last night's dinner--Quinoa, Arugula, Corn, and Bacon Salad.  It was amazingly good!  Tonight is Herb Roasted Chicken with Tomato Spinach Couscous.  Yum!
 I love JamieGrace and I am her "friend" on Instagram.  She posted her travel playlist and I was curious about what music she listens to so I took a quick screen shot and I'll check it out later. 

1 comment:

Lisa Patterson said...

That picture of Kea and Co is so funny. I think Gabi should get one of us on the zipline.