Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!

 I got up early this morning, read my Bible, checked FB, got dressed, then went to Starbucks to claim my birthday drink.  I got a postcard in the mail last week that said I could have a free drink of my choice and they really meant it.  I showed my postcard and got a Venti Caramel Macchiato.  It was a wonderful way to start the 4th of July and I needed that jolt of caffeine to get me going.  Next I went to Publix and straight home to put ribs in the oven for our 4th of July lunch.  This is the first time I've made ribs and they were pretty good although Aunt Harriet's were better.  I used a dry rub and she used a wet sauce.  Anyway, after getting the ribs in the oven we headed off on our bikes in the heat to go watch the parade in the heat and then ride our bikes back home in the heat.  It was a good parade though and I got my daily dose of Vitamin D. 

 I'm not sure what was on this Segway but it was scary.  I think this guy should've been in a Halloween parade instead. 


 Some girl in the back of a car threw this piece of nature to Grace and then said, "it's all we have, we're out of candy."  Um, thanks?

 After the parade we crossed the street to take advantage of this incredibly patriotic photo opportunity.  Somehow we managed to all take really bad pictures.  They are funny though. 





 After the parade we went for lunch and swimming at H and B's.  They had decorated quite nicely.  :0)

Grace has become more and more patriotic as the day has gone on.  She's continued to add to her outfit as she finds new things to add.  Our afternoon has been filled with food, swimming, Sudoku, Rummikub, and they've just started Wii Fit.  I'm taking this opportunity to update my blog....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

GREAT UPDATE! Makes me want to blog again....but I probably won't.

I agree about that Segway guy! He was way too creepy - definitely a Halloween sort of guy. Speaking of Halloween...the awful summer will be gone by then...roll on Halloween!

You have such great pictures! Maybe I'd have great pictures if I ever remembered to take the camera anywhere!