Julie made me the cutest bookmarks for my birthday! I especially love that she included my fake 4th and 5th children, Landon and Dawson. I've seen more of them than I have of my own children since summer camp started so I think there may be more pictures of them on this particular post.
We continued our annual tradition of dressing like a cow and eating a free meal at Chick-fil-a, I think the pictures say it all.
Joe sure makes us all crazy around here sometimes but he can be so sweet. The other night he made Hannah's bed for her while she was in the shower and included this note. Peace.
I love Instagram, you take a somewhat boring picture and very easily edit it to make a really artsy picture. I love the pic above with Grace. We were at One Flight Up to play games (a Reading Bingo prize) and she could hardly play for all the talking she was doing. It was just hours before parts for the new show would be up on Facebook and she was full of nervous, excited energy.
I have missed this little guy! His Grandma and Grandpa have been here for a couple of months and I haven't seen much of him. We got to spend a few hours together the other day though and I decided to introduce him to homemade play dough. I don't think he had ever played with play dough before but he loved it. I think we got about an hour or more of play time out of it which is a long time with a 2 year old.
He isn't crying in the picture above. That's the face he would make though each time he used the cookie cutters. He was pushing very hard. If I tried to help he would say, "No BooBoo (my new name), ME do it."
After play dough time he got out the blocks, the pirate ship, and the cars and had a great time playing. Today, I had Dawson again and was blessed with getting to be there for his first smile. Thankfully his momma was too so I didn't have to lie about seeing it first. Once he started smiling he didn't want to stop. I love this baby!
1. The kids got their parts for "Into the Woods, Jr." Grace and Joe both got the parts they wanted. Grace will be playing Little Red and this is her first lead and she is just thrilled. This is the first time she has ever gotten the part she wanted to get and we were all so happy for her. Joe will be playing Jack and he was happy too but is much less animated about it. Hannah didn't get the part she wanted but has accepted that and is happy with her part now. She'll be playing Jack's Mom. She gets to be really mean to her brother which isn't allowed in real life so I think that makes it more fun. :0)
2. I have all of our curriculum for next year here. I am excited about what we're doing and need to spend some time checking it out. But not yet, I'm enjoying summer too much.
3. Speaking of which...I love all those funny sign things like the fart one I posted in my last post. There was one the other day that I saw on FB that was soooo me. It said, "I love routine. Until I get bored and then I like a little excitement and something different. Until I get overwhelmed and then I want my routine again." That's exactly how I am. I love routine, I love NORMAL days. I have very few NORMAL days in my life but I love it when I do. And, as much as I'm enjoying summer I will totally welcome the new school year when it comes.
4. I had a check-up with the Orthopedist the other day and my leg is doing great. I don't have to go back for 5 months. He said that it's healing really well and I agree. Only sometimes am I in pain and it's usually related to over doing it. Occasionally I have unexplained aching and honestly that's just annoying. I get very irritable when I am in constant pain.
5. I haven't made any new popsicles in weeks. I lost my mojo but I have some new ideas and will make more soon. Maybe a chocolate pudding based one? Melissa sent me a really good Key Lime recipe and I want to try that too.
I can't make it to 7...Peace out my friends!
3 comments:
That's so funny about Landon and the play dough because when I cleaned out the pantry yesterday I kept some craft stuff and play dough specifically for Landon!
The boys are getting so big. I love Dawson's little (big) smile. So cute! Speaking of playdough, have you ever made gluten free playdough? Or do you know anyone who has made it successfully. We can not use regular playdough any longer, so before I shell out $30 for GF playdough, I though I would ask you!
Love those pictures!!!!!
Post a Comment