Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cruise Pics Part One--Setting Sail!

 I have a LOT of pictures to share and I've decided to organize them into different posts and group them into common themes as opposed to days.  Except for this first post--these are all from the first day when we boarded the ship.  We got all checked in and were ready to board by about 11:30 and boarded soon after.  Right after we got on the ship they directed us to lunch.  Below is a pic of our first meal in the Enchanted Garden.


 After lunch we had a couple of hours to explore the ship before we could go to our rooms.  We all split up and the girls and I walked all over the ship just checking everything out.  I'm not sure what all everyone else did, I have some pictures from our time but they will be in a later post because they all include a special guest on our trip who gets his own post.  We all met up in the rooms and then went to Deck 11 for ice cream and the Sailing Away party complete with lots of fun music and dancing and lots of characters.  After the Sail Away party we went back to our rooms where the luggage was arriving and I started unpacking.  There's no way 5 of us and our suitcases were going to fit into that room.  So, I crammed everything we brought into every drawer, cabinet, and the closet and stowed the suitcases under the bed.  We met up again for dinner at our appointed time, 5:45 and after dinner we went to the big theatre for the opening show.   Above is the picture of us in the theatre, we were in our own little "box."  It was a fun day and we all went to bed worn out and very happy a few hours later.



1 comment:

Julie said...

I am so ready for a cruise!!