- I am butt deep (knee deep didn't quite capture it for me) in my "industrious" phase of my month. I have boundless energy and ideas so I'm taking advantage of that and getting some stuff done.
- On that note, I have been making a baby quilt and I was well on my way to being done earlier this evening and would you believe--I was about 3 inches too short on my satin binding!! That kind of thing makes me crazy. I love love to finish stuff especially during my industrious phase. I have especially wanted to finish this quilt because I can't wait to give it to the expectant momma and I can't wait to scratch it off my "to do" list. It's been on that list for a very long time! I will get more binding after church tomorrow and finish it up as soon as I can.
- I am also planning school studies for the next couple of months. I think I may be a bit ambitious but this is my tentative plan: Finish the human body unit with Grace and Joe in the next two weeks, do an Autumn lapbook with all three during the next two weeks, then do the Evan Moor History Pockets "Native Americans" and "Life in Plymouth Colony" study with Grace and Joe. That should get us through to Thanksgiving and then I plan to start Apologia's "Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day" possibly with all three but definitely with G and J. Hannah will start My Father's World "Creation to Greeks" on Monday whether I'm ready or not.
- I'm reading a wonderful book (in all my spare time) called "See You in a Hundred Years" by Logan Ward. It's about a couple and their toddler who decide to leave city life, buy a farm in VA, and then live as though it were 1900 for one year. They can't have anything that they couldn't have had in the year 1900. It's a fun read and makes me think about all that we have now.
- Grace is completely recovered. Aside from spending most of her day going potty because I am making her drink so much she is back to her normal self. I am recovering as well but still feel a bit mentally fragile after all the emotional stress yesterday. I don't do sick kids very well.
- Hannah told us tonight at dinner that she kind of wants to break her leg just to have the experience. She also said that she is kind of jealous of Grace for getting so much attention and candy and stuff and fainting doesn't even hurt. The only bad thing was the "VIP" (she meant IV). She is one goofy kid.
- Joe can do a flip on the trampoline.
- My feet and ankles are bothering me again because I haven't been diligent about keeping dairy out of my diet. That is such a weird connection--how could dairy in my diet make my feet hurt??? It happens everytime I get lax though.
- I had more dairy tonight at Target because I did the Starbucks taste test with their new Instant coffee and received a free Tall coffee and then added some half and half and sugar and polluted my body.
- That cup of coffee has a lot to do with me being up and so chatty at 11:30.
All done. Peace out!
5 comments:
I am feeling homeschooly myself lately! GO for it! Here come the wonderful holidays!
Luke has always wanted to break his leg too.
Tiff- I loved Logan Ward's book! Jones knows him. Logan lived in Columbia when he was younger. Several of our friends visited the Wards during the experiment and said it was a neat experience. I hope you are doing well!
Susan
Trust me, broken bones are not fun. LOL. Especially when you are one who likes to get around. :>)
I suspect that Joe will break a leg before Hannah if he keeps doing back flips on a trampoline!!!
And that book sounds really cool. Did you ever see the PBS series "Frontier House"? It documents modern families living like pioneers in Montana for a length of time. Really interesting.
Have fun in your industrious phase. I sure could use one!
Post a Comment