Saturday, October 24, 2009

LOTS of Pictures

This is what happens when I go so long without posting pictures while on a trip--you have to look at a whole bunch at once. Because I am not a perfectionist, these are all mixed up and in no particular order. In a nutshell here's what we've done and what these pictures record--
  • We went up to North GA and had a picnic at Amicalola State Park at the top of the falls. with Pop and Brayden. Then Joe and Grace and I took the "Difficult and Strenuous" way down to the bottom of the falls and Pop, Brayden, and Hannah drove down and met us at the bottom. It was a wonderful "hike"--mostly stairs--that went along the path of the falls. My knees were quivery by the time we made it to the bottom but it was so worth it! We saw beautiful leaves and the weather was just perfect. We were able to complete our nature scavenger hunt for our lapbook by finding an oak leaf, a maple leaf, a beetle, a spider web, a fern, moss, and much more.
  • We went to a pumpkin patch that had some HUGE pumpkins!! We bought a nice round pumpkin and I think we are going to carve it today.
  • Yesterday we went to a local ballfield where Pop ran a baseball/softball clinic and worked on some skills with Grace and Joe. They got some throwing, catching, and hitting practice and training.
    Hannah and Brayden played on the playground and collected acorns and threw them over the fence.
  • We also visited with my cousin-in-law and her sweet baby, Colin. He's such a cute little smiley baby!
  • We took a walk down the street with Okley the dog and Brayden and collected some leaves and took a picture in front of a beautiful dogwood tree.
  • We hung out on Grammy's big front porch and took some pictures while Pop ate his cereal. :0)
I think that about covers it. Tonight we are going to a corn maze so I'll have a lot more pictures to share once I get home. BTW--everyone is finally feeling better--no fevers at least just a lot of snot and hacking. You can see in one of the pumpkin pictures that Joe has his ever present Kleenex in hand. When he has a runny nose he obsessively wipes it. Thankfully, Aunt Cici (my sister) bought him some soft Puffs. He has even been sleeping with his box of tissues. Enjoy the pictures!
































6 comments:

Kris said...

I love Amicola Falls. Used to go there when I was a kid and then we went there for our 1st anniversary. Love that place.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! I am so glad you are getting a break. Cannot wait until you come home though. :o)When are you coming home?

Cristy said...

Love the pics! Makes me want to be there, too. Those pumpkins are gimormous!

Sonya said...

Great pic! I also love Amicola Falls, Steve B went w/ us last time & hiked the stairs w/ a boot & broken toes! Praying that your continues trip will be restful!

Julie said...

Great pictures!!

Cindy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!