Thursday, September 2, 2010
Nuttier Than a Squirrel's Turd!
That title perfectly describes my state of mind right now. I am going pretty crazy as we get closer to starting school next week. I am ready for a regular routine but overwhelmed by all that I am hoping to accomplish in a day. My main focus of course will be schooling my kiddos. Unfortunately, there are many other things that have to happen in a day as well. One thing that I am committed to adding to my day is exercise. I went to the doctor today to discuss all of my "issues," mostly arthritis and joint pain. I'm in a much better place pain wise than I have been in two years so that's very encouraging. But--I am still in pain daily--mostly with my hands and wrists and occasionally my knees. I very likely have carpal tunnel syndrome and should therefore limit my time on the computer and improve my position. Right now I am usually sitting with my laptop on my lap. I love my doctor, she takes a very natural approach to health. She said that the best thing I could do for my inflammation is exercise. An hour a day. Yeah, I can't imagine finding an hour a day to exercise so I am going to start with a half hour a day. Even that is a stretch but I figure I could replace some of my computer time with exercise. I got started tonight with a walk around the neighborhood. In addition to school and exercise...I am trying to plan and prepare healthy meals with very little meat and no dairy. That rules out most crock pot meals and pretty much all casseroles--anything make ahead and easy. Add to school, exercise, and meal planning...theatre two days a week, Joe will probably be playing baseball, tutoring, Hannah doing some babysitting, me doing some babysitting, church, friends, family time, and the list goes on and on....Yep. My brain is spinning and I'm feeling nuttier than a squirrel's turd. I know once we get in a routine I will feel better, it's the planning stages that make me crazy. I am praying for wisdom to balance it all. Anyone else feeling this way??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yep, same here! The "to do" list is endless.
No, I live a completely balanced lifestyle so I can't really relate to this. Just kidding. One thing I have found that helps is to not really think about anything at all until I absolutely have to. For example, next week we have many things going on, but I didn't bother writing any of those things on the calender, which means I've now forgotten what all of those things are and so now I have nothing to think about. If you look at my calender it is empty ,so now I am calm thinking that I have no plans. Usually what happens is that a few minutes before we are to leave for something one of the kids will remind me about it and I'll panic and carry on, but it's only for a few minutes, so it's all worth it. I wish I was kidding about all of this, but I'm sort of not.
Also, once you start exercising on a regualr basis you are going to crave it. Walking is addictive and so good for you. Keep doing it.
Nutier than a Squirrel's turd, eh? Yes, I really do need to find your Birthday present in this house to send to you. I think your Advice from a Squirrel shirt would fit very nice. Remember part of the Squirrel's advice - It's OK to be a little NUTS! love you!
Yes, I feel that way completely. All of our extras start this week, so we'll see how that goes.
Try crockpot365.blogspot.com. She has vegan, gluten free, dairy free, whatever recipes that are really good. You don't have to give up the crockpot.
Post a Comment