1. Joe is obsessed, I mean seriously obsessed with Little Miss and Mr. books. He has a lot of them, continually checks out others from the library, and continually wants to go on Amazon.com to see which ones they have. He draws pictures of them, makes bookmarks, colors coloring pages, watches videos (thank you Youtube and Netflix!), and talks about them all the time. Today, Ollie asked him which character he most identifies with and he said "Mr. Nonsense." Ollie didn't agree and asked why Joe identified with that character and Joe said, "Because I say no to Mom even though I am going to do what she asked me to do anyway." I think it is this kid's life ambition to drive me to the loony bin!!!
2. On another note, when asked what character he thinks I am most like he said, "Little Miss Busy." I couldn't agree more.
3. Speaking of busy, I have managed to procrastinate school prep for weeks and now I have one day to pull it all together so that we can start school on Tuesday. This evening I went through a lot of stuff and sort of organized the school area and separated out each child's books. Tomorrow I need to do some planning for the first few weeks and think through my expectations for each child each day. I also need to update chore charts and make some copies and put together some notebooks. This is the kind of stuff that I really, really hate doing. I have asked Ollie to go far, far away for most of the day and take our precious angels with him. Maybe, just maybe I can pull it all together and feel somewhat ready to start come Tuesday. Maybe.
4. The kids got their parts for Wizard of Oz. Only Joe got the part he wanted--he is going to be playing "Toto," and he is thrilled. Hannah really wanted Dorothy and Grace really wanted Glinda. Neither one of them got the parts they want, Hannah is Oz and the Doorman in Oz and Grace is the Barrister (the guy who hangs with the mayor) and the Masseuse (sing with me--clip, clip here, clip, clip there, and a couple of tralalas). They were both disappointed but not devastated and I know they will take their parts seriously and do thehttp://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=6516955414390074761 best they can. Hannah already has some fun ideas to run past Ms. Amanda about being a girl Oz.
5. Remember how just a couple of days ago I basically vowed to exercise for a half hour a day? Well, I have only succeeded in fitting in a half hour of exercise one day out of the last four. My days are slap full but I can't use that as an excuse. This can't be an option. I'm considering joining one of the local gyms as motivation. The idea is that if I'm paying for it I will do it. We'll see...if you are a praying person, please pray for this to become a habit in my life.
6. I'm getting into a new series of books, The Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson. I'm only on book 2 so far but I'm really enjoying it. If you're looking for a book to read you should check it out.
7. I got the DVD of pictures from Gabi from our trip to Madeline Island. I'll try to get some pictures up tonight. I have a whole slew of new terrible pictures of myself. Definitely enough for a new post!
2 comments:
Why are you on here reading blog comments?! Go do school planning! Don't go on to Facebook either! Go plan! :)
Yes yes yes... Join the gym!!
Post a Comment