I am seriously in love with Sara Groves' music. I ended up buying the whole album, "Conversations" on Itunes last night and it did not disappoint. My favorite songs so far are Twice as Good, Just One More Thing, How is it Between Us, and When the Saints. You can also find a lot of her songs and videos on Youtube if you want to listen for free.
I got up at 5:15 this morning and walked with my friend, AnnMarie (aren't all you nosy people glad I went ahead and said who I walked with? It would have driven you crazy if I had just said, "a friend." Your welcome.) for about an hour and a half. It wasn't easy to get up but felt so good to get some great exercise and to get it out of the way early in the day. I only managed to fit in exercise twice last week because the days are just so jam packed. I'm still trying to figure out how to remedy this. I don't think I can consistently get up at 5 in the morning but maybe a couple of times a week I could. I'm still thinking of joining the gym, that would open up evenings a little more. I am not comfortable walking alone late at night, I can ride my bike though. I can't believe how full my days are right now. I started my day at 5:15 and didn't finish until 7 tonight. After my walk I came home and got the kids up, did breakfast, school, laundry, school, dinner prep, school, lunch, school, took Grace out for an hour (one of her reading bingo rewards), went to the grocery store, came home and made dinner, cleaned up dinner, made milkshakes (another reading bingo award), cleaned that up, and then finally sat down at 7. I love having productive days but at the end I feel mentally and physically drained. It's hard being a mom, teacher, launderess, housekeeper, chef, counselor, therapist, disciplinarian, and more...
We get to take a day off tomorrow to go see a play in Orlando. Technically, we could do school once we get home but who wants to start school at 2, that's naptime my friend! I'm just going to enjoy the day off and rest up so I'll be ready for another school day on Wednesday.
I'm off to obsessively check e-mail, facebook, and blogs and do a little reading. Peace out you crazy peeps!
3 comments:
Getting up that early is tough, but I must say, I never regret it when it's over. Except for today. I really regretted it today. He he, just kidding! It was nice to walk and talk - a good way to start the week. And just think, you walked for 90 minutes today so technically that counts for 3 days worth
I agree with Ann Marie. My morning walk/jog is good, good, good - sweaty, but good!
i love sara groves song "he's always been faithful"-- i wish i could sing cuz i'd belt it out!
Post a Comment