Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Writer's Block

So, I'm sure that some of you have noticed that I haven't been blogging as much as usual. I think I have writer's block or something because I sit down to blog and can't really think of much to say and then when I think of something to say I think---nah, nobody wants to read that mess. That's because practically the only thing I can think to write about is how busy and tired and overwhelmed I am. That gets old after a while. But, it's true--I'm busy, tired, and overwhelmed. We have yet to really get our groove for this school year. Three and a half weeks in and I'm struggling. We're getting a lot done but I'm majorly multi-tasking for hours and hours every day and it's exhausting. I am so unmotivated in the kitchen that it's just sad. I keep thinking that with the arrival of soup weather I'll get my inspiration back. For now we seem to be subsisting on veggie subs, eggs, tacos, fried rice and spaghetti. Not terribly exciting or terribly healthy. As far as housekeeping and other projects go--I'm so far behind that I have little hope of ever catching up. Oh well...enough with the complaining. I'm truly too blessed to be so stressed. I'm living my dream,, right?? I get to stay home with my kids and homeschool them---just what I've always wanted to do. When I remind myself of that it does bring it all into perspective and truly I am in charge here. If it's not working for me and I'm unhappy then I need to make some changes. We tried something new today that I think will become our new Tuesday thing. Hannah babysat (mother's helper babysitting, not alone babysitting) most of the day and Grace and Joe went to a co-op. A co-op where I don't have to "co" anything. They both seemed to like it and I enjoyed my alone time. I went to the grocery store, made dinner, and cleaned. It wasn't fun but it did feel good to accomplish something. Maybe with a few hours every Tuesday I can start to make a dent in that infinite to do list. One of the things I did today was put out some fall decorations. I get so inspired by the arrival of fall every year. As the temps start to drop I just want to celebrate. I've got some ideas for some fun fall crafts to add to our decor, that will give me something to blog about. Any ideas you'd like to share?

8 comments:

ann marie said...

I feel the same way about blogging lately. I'm glad to co-op was a success.

Melissa said...

Hurray for co-ops! Do tell more about it. I could just copy your post and put it on my blog. Tired, running constantly, school is going well, but everything else is out of control. Livin' the dream!

Julie said...

I think we're all in the same boat! I can't believe it is almost October and I still haven't gotten the fall decorations out ( and I haven't bought a cinnamon broom). I am way behind my usual! At least we all have each other!

Glad the co op worked out!

Sarah said...

Tiffany,
Feel your pain, girlfriend. Say, have you looked into the workbox system at all? I am using it this year with TJ, my second grader, and it is amazing how much better our days are working. However, I do spend a good hour each night prepping for all three kiddos, but it has helped our days run so much smoother. Shoot me an email or FB me if you want more details on how I'm making it work.

Hope everything improves for you!

Sarah

Cristy said...

You are not alone. I don't have to blog now because you just said everything I'm thinking and feeling.

Tiffany said...

Thank you ladies for the empathy...it really does help to know that others are feeling similarly. Makes me feel a little less crazy. :0)

Lisa Patterson said...

hey, Mr. Frumbles here. Hang in there, Sister. I wish I was there to give you a big hug, make you laugh and scrub your toilets with you.

Anonymous said...

great fall idea in the family fun mag this month. it's a macrame, woven tree, and your kids would be great at it. so adorable. i'll send you the article if you don't get the magazine.
(Wow-- I can now comment on your blog!)