Monday, April 23, 2012

Blogging on a Monday Morning

My blog titles are seriously lacking in creativity...but, so am I so that explains it.  It's Monday morning and I should be busy, very busy getting our week off to a great start.  The problem is, after a busy weekend I am enjoying a quiet house and letting the kids sleep in.  And, in addition to that, I have a doctor's appointment today but I have no idea what time it is.  It could be at 8:30 (it's 8:08 now) or it might be at 3.  I have no idea and am waiting for the office to open to find out.  I wrote that I had an appt. on my calendar but for some reason didn't bother to write down what time.  Stupid.  I never used to do things like this.  I think I broke part of my brain when I broke my leg back in November.  I certainly haven't been the same since.  Anyway, since I wrote that last sentence the Orthopedist office finally answered their phone.  My appointment is at 1 so you can all calm down now.  One of the shows we saw at the Rep this year (Lyle, Lyle Crocodile) featured a very funny character that showed up at every "emergency" screaming at everyone to "CALM DOWN."  It was really funny and ever since seeing that show I want to scream "CALM DOWN" in a very agitated way whenever anything stressful or exciting is going on. 
The kids performed at our old church yesterday (take a few minutes and watch the videos if you haven't already!) and it was so weird to see what they've done with the place.  It's a haven for hippies and all things earthy and all that stuff now.  The sanctuary has been turned into a "theatre" and every classroom is a massage room or exercise room.  The fellowship hall is now a coffee shop and there is art everywhere and rocks in every sink.  What's up with rocks in sinks?  Just curious.  The kids were performing at an Earth day event and there was a lot going on.  They did some Zumba, painted ceramic bowls for a future charity event, and we even got to hear a Didgeridoo band.  The best part was watching my kiddos though.  I'm so proud of Joe I could just pop and absolutely CANNOT wait for the upcoming show of Willy Wonka.  He's so perfect for this part, being a little boy and all.  :0)  The whole thing is a huge stretch for him--lots to learn, he even has to practice, and learn to take constructive criticism and that's just in the rehearsal part.  Then he has to go up on stage and perform for two shows.  Enough about that though, I'm getting nervous and we all just need to CALM DOWN.
We are headed into a fairly normal week with just school and theatre and tutoring and normal stuff going on.  Woohoo for that.  Our normal, daily life is pretty busy without anything extra in a week.  This week Hannah will write her first report.  She has chosen the topic of the Titanic.  She'll get started today but won't be able to get very far yet because we are waiting for library books to come in.  We are using a book called the "Writers Express," that has a great step by step explanation of how to write a report.  I'm pretty much handing the book over to Hannah and letting her go for it.  I have a couple of big school posts I need to get out of my head--what we've done this year and my thoughts and reflections about it and what we're doing next year.  For now though, I'm going to end this post and start a new one that deserves it's own special post.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this made me laugh :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.