Monday, April 30, 2012

Random, random, random....With Pictures!

 We've had a busy few weeks and so far nothing is slowing down...honestly though after four months of being stuck at home I'm not complaining!  A couple of weeks ago we had a shower for Ms. Amanda and Mr. Joel...it was the best baby shower I've ever been to.  None of those silly baby shower games, just lots of good food, kids swam and played, and the adults chatted, and presents, lots of presents.  Here is the ONLY pic I have of the shower and I had to steal this from someone. 
 This past Friday Hannah got her hair cut and got bangs!  I really thought I wouldn't like them, curly hair isn't really meant for bangs but I do really like them and so does she.  Of course, they take some work.  She has to straighten them and it takes some work but she loves it. 
 The Friday before last we went to the last show of the Orlando Rep season.  It was "Boxcar Children," and was very disappointing.  Not only did they change the story but even changed some of the personalities of the characters.  It was a good play if you didn't already know the story.  Joe and Jake both wore their fedoras.  They're some handsome little boys aren't they?

 The above picture is absolutely awful but this story is too funny not to tell.  So, last Monday after Landon went home, I was picking up his toys...  I can't squat down or even kneel without pain so I tried to sit on the full laundry basket like a little stool.  Well, I quickly sunk into the basket and then couldn't get out.  I have almost no strength in my knees to support myself to stand up from that position.  Then I got tickled and the kids were laughing and I had to pee and I couldn't get out or quit laughing.  I called Ollie because he is the only one who could help me and he came in and didn't help at all.  Just started videoing me.  Grace finally got me out and when I stood up the laundry basket stayed stuck to  my butt.  The good news is that I didn't wet my pants. 
 The girls painted bowls at the pottery place while they waited to perform at last weekend's Earth Day Festival.  They are for a feed the hungry fundraiser. 
 This past Saturday Ollie, Hannah, Joe, and I all went to a geocaching class at a local park.  It was really fun, we've done some geocaching before so this was just a refresher.  The fun part was that they had planted some cache's in the park and we got to go find them.  The last one had some treasures in it.  One of the fun things about geocaching is that it gets you out into nature and into some beautiful scenery. 

 This paper in the pic above is a weekly list that I've made...one for Hannah and one for Grace.  I love it because I can just add to it as needed but mostly it's ready to go each morning and covers a week at a time.  It includes school and chores and any other activities for the day. 

 I was having a really bad day the other day and Hannah made me a feel better snack... :0)  We had just stopped at a gas station so she bought me the candy bar. 
 This past Saturday night we had a big Indian feast and everything was soooo good!
Earlier last Saturday Hannah got some private practice time with Pastor Doug.  She has started helping lead worship for youth group and she and Doug are working on learning a Jamie Grace song--You Lead. 
That's it for the pictures...as I type this blog post, I'm sitting at theatre watching a run through of Willy Wonka.  I love this show especially since Joe has his first lead and the girls have parts they are excited about as well.  Can't wait for the real show!

2 comments:

ann marie said...

I want to see that video! I was laughing out loud when I read about you stuck like that - so glad you didn't wet your pants.

Anonymous said...

the laundry basket story is SSOOO funny!