Saturday, November 28, 2009

Embracing my Inner Tacky

Let's face it--I like tacky.  I like tacky clothes and tacky decor.  I just do.  I embrace it because of it's quirkiness and uniqueness, not because I think it looks fashionable or cool.  I've decided to embrace this characteristic and not try so hard to contain it.  The main reason that I live in a t-shirt and jeans (or jean shorts) is because I don't know how to dress fashionably--no clue.  I do know how to dress tacky though--just ask my sister!  Today I'm embracing my inner tacky and wearing what I want to do--tan cords, red and white striped long sleeve tee, Christmas Snoopy t-shirt, and Christmas socks.  I am also going all out tacky with my decorating this year.  If I like it I'm doing it even if it is tacky.  It all started with this tablecloth...I'll post a pic later.  I actually don't have that many decorations so it probably won't be too crazy but I am limiting myself to one room so we'll see...if you need to re-gift a tacky Christmas decoration that you were given as a gift last year you know where to send it!

4 comments:

Ingle Nook said...

Oh my! Please post pics!

DebiH. said...

Great! I know what to give you for Christmas then!

Julie said...

We have too many Christmas decorations...come over and get some (we have fashionable and tacky).

dettonlisas@gmail.com said...

You go on with your tacky self!! I love tacky Christmas decorating!! I inherited all of my grandma's tacky decoration... I love it!!