Monday, November 9, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday

Good morning friends! I'm tired and not so ready to start this week but it's here anyway. Last week really wore me out with just too much going on. This week is more normal which means that it is still busy but doable. Just two more weeks of ball season...I think we're going to make it. I've now made some friends there and will actually miss my time hanging out and chatting and watching the games. I have a few random things so bullet points are in order...
  • I went to a health seminar thingy yesterday afternoon and am really hopeful again that I can fight my arthritis and just improve my overall health. It won't be easy but I feel hopeful again.
  • Update on my 40 days of change--I've done MUCH better about computer time. Moving my laptop to a less comfortable, more out of the way spot was a great thing. I've ended those late night, surf sessions so I've gotten to bed earlier and done more reading. As far as eating--well, let's just say I'm still working on that. Cutting out meat and dairy has been easier than expected but it's the sugar that's still getting me. I need to cut out all three if I want to get better. I'm actually suspecting that the meat isn't that big of a deal but I need to test it a little longer to be sure. So, pray for me to stay away from the sugar. Unfortunately, it's all in my house still from Halloween and just last week I got some of those break and bake cookies--they were on sale and a friend gave me coupons so they were super cheap.
  • I read "The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks this weekend. I love his books. He can really tell a great story. That is the first whole book I've read in over two weeks. I think that's a record for me but the weekend before I spent most of my free time working a wonderful puzzle. I also read my way halfway through the Hobbit for bookclub. I can't decide if I want to finish that one or not. I liked it better than I thought I would but it's still not my type of book.
  • I went to Target yesterday and saw all the wonderful holiday things that I don't have. I don't shop much because it makes me want stuff. If I stay out of the stores I don't know what I don't have. Yesterday I saw that I don't have some great holiday dish towels, Christmas mugs, some really cute winter clothes for the girls, and much more. I am reminded though of all that I do have--all that I need!!
  • I used to love to cross stitch. I started in 7th grade when I took a class at school and always had a project going until the year Grace was born. Well, I'm taking up needle and thread again to make a Christmas present. I bought my supplies yesterday and I can't wait to get started. I hope I can get it done. I have two more weeks of bleacher sitting and I should be able to do it there. I also have lots of Tuesday afternoon park sitting as well.
Well, I'm off to get this party started--breakfast, chores, laundry, school, school, more school, rest, dinner, game, bed, rinse and repeat!!
Peace out!!

6 comments:

Cristy said...

Too funny about the cross stitching. I found three ornaments that I haven't done. I'm going to use them as gifts. I don't think the red meat has much to do with it, and I think the dairy has effects on more than arthritis. I am struggling with the candy as well. I'm thinking gift bags for Thanksgiving and Christmas events. I can get rid of it quicker that way. And a candy pizza for our co-op party.

Sarah said...

Love the title - feel your pain about the doggone Halloween candy. Between that and the fruit of the Spirit jars, I have so little will power!

I used to embroider dish towels when I was young, and hope to pick that up again sometime soon. Love to do it, but having time is a whole different issue!
Have a good week!

Cindy said...

e also been a cross-stitcher since I was 13 or 14. I've slowed down considerably since I've had Tucker but as he gets older (sniff-it's true!), I want to get back to it! I love the process, the finshed project-so much! HAve a good week!

amy w. said...

i love to cross stitch too. a cross stitched psalm is one of the 1st gifts i gave to duane !

Julie said...

After reading this post my conclusion was that you should be cross stitching some Christmas dish towels for yourself (you can even do it while finishing off that Halloween candy)!

Cheryl said...

love to cross stitch! I use to do major projects but not so much anymore... like them quicker now!