Sunday, November 15, 2009

Emptying My Brain for Your Reading Enjoyment

  • There is a 10 year old little girl in Hannah's theatre reading "Twilight."  Seriously.  If you've read the book you know that it is absolutely not appropriate for a child to read.  I did hear from a softball mom that they have a "Twilight" book club at one of the local elementary schools so I guess it is not uncommon for ten year olds to be reading this book but still.  That's just wrong.  
  • This is the last week for baseball and softball, can I get a woohoo!!!  I can't wait to have my normal life back.  For a couple of months at least.  I think Joe will be playing again and the season starts mid-January.  Grace has opted to not play again for now.
  • I am loving the book I'm reading, "The Thirteenth Tale," it's wonderful, I highly recommend it!
  • Last call for Chick-fil-a calendars--I've sold a ton but still have lots more to sell if anyone local wants one or two or ten.  They are $6 a piece and have more than $25 worth of coupons for free food.  If you are a regular Chick-fil-a goer you may as well buy one and support Hannah's theatre company and get free food.  It only makes sense.  
  • I spent almost 4 hours the other night prepping, "Life in Plymouth Colony" for Grace and Joe.  That means we can fly through it this week and next and maybe even finish before Thanksgiving.  
  • I haven't eaten meat in a few weeks and see no real difference in my arthritis so although I'm limiting my meat intake considerably I'm no longer a vegetarian.  
  • Grace got the game ball last week for "most improved player."  She was pretty excited!  I was a bad mom and didn't take a picture.  
  • I've decided not to get a head start on Christmas this year.  I'm going to wait until after Thanksgiving to even think about it.  I'm thinking I may even wait until after Hannah and Joe do "Suessical, Jr." the first weekend of December.  Maybe our Christmas cards will be the last to arrive instead of one of the first this year.  I'm determined not to stress out over Christmas this year and not to do too much.  I'd rather enjoy the holiday season.  
  • Okay, the dishes are calling my name...

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I enjoyed The Thirteenth Tale too.

Deana said...

I enjoyed you brain emptying very much...

Lisa said...

10 year old? Seriously??? I think it's ridiculous too. I LOVE THE SERIES myself though. =) Friday--New Moon comes out!
I DO have a pattern for the apron. I will TRY to scan it into my puter....if I can I can email it to you. If not I'll mail it to you =)
It's so easy and SO cute! The embellishments really make it! I'm glad Grace got the ball!!!! You are so NOT a bad mom for not taking a picture =) you are funny though!