Monday, January 11, 2010
Facebook Withdrawal
So--I've put myself on a sort of restriction--no Facebook for a week. Vacation is over and I have a list a mile long of things to do not to mention it's time to get back into a routine so that our days are actually productive. I have a problem and that is procrastination...especially when it comes to housework and getting going in the morning before 10 am. Facebook only feeds that procrastination and I really wasted literally hours on Facebook last week because I didn't want to do what I needed to do. So, I am grounded and can't look at Facebook again until Friday when schoolwork is done for the week. It wasn't terribly hard over the weekend but it's Monday morning, I'm cold, the house is quiet, and it's really tempting but I refuse to give in. I will have to suffer not knowing Kris' agenda for the day, not knowing any of my friends' bra colors, not seeing all the pictures that people posted of the sleet this weekend, not knowing how Debbie's morning went getting the kids out to the bus and whether or not she embarrassed them by chasing the dogs around the school bus while in her pjs, not knowing where Julie and Mike are on their trip, not knowing if there are any LFM contests, not knowing if someone found a lonely horse on their farm, or what Disney princess Melinda is, and so on. I will survive, I know I will and I'll be a better person for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm with you! I put myself on restriction, too. It's a little painful at first, but it gets better. At least that what hubby says. But what does he know? He doesn't have a Facebook addiction.
Love the look of the blog.
I wish I was as eager to exercise as I am to jump on-line.
I'm not sure how not knowing where I am is going to make you a better person:), but for the record we are in DC and will be home in 2 days!!!
I'm proud of you for just being able to ground yourself. I had to deactivate...which reminded me of the wonder twins on Sat. morning Superfriends cartoons long ago
Post a Comment