I have been in a funk today--I have lots to do, but I'm not motivated to do anything but also have a hard time relaxing because I have lots to do. Does anybody else get like this? Some of what I need to do is fun like making a quilt, starting a new puzzle, reading a book but nothing satisfies. I'd love to read blogs but my peeps aren't posting much...
I spent some time today thinking and scheming about time lines. Last year I put all of our timeline stuff in a big book and made a book style timeline. The problem is that nobody ever looks at it nor do we use it or add to it. I've been revisiting the idea of putting one on the wall but can't find a style I like. If I had a roll of paper and could do a seamless wall hanging sort of thing I'd do that but I don't have a roll of paper and am trying not to buy anything new. So, after thinking and stressing I just decided to stick with what I already have. Not worth the stress...
I realized today that it's been a year since I went to the doctor and really started looking into diet changes to help my arthritis. I am not healed but I have had no progression and actually I am better than I was. I can bend my fingers, my knees don't bother me at all, my feet don't bother me at all, and I'm taking half the dose of anti-inflammatory that I was on this time last year. I do not regularly stick to my "diet" but overall we are eating healthier and I'm regularly taking a big handful of supplements including fish oil and Vitamin D. I've discovered that I have a dairy allergy which is the thing I struggle most with. I love coffee with cream! I love ice cream! I love pizza! I'm finding substitutes and cheating occasionally and doing okay. Maybe by this time next year I will be more consistent and dedicated to doing what's right for my body and be even better.
I'm excited that the Office is on tonight. Until then I'm going to try to get into a good book. That might cure the funkadoodledoodoo that has hung around all day. The kids are playing somewhat nicely and Ollie will be hanging out with them once he gets done with the dishes so I think I have some me time--woohoo for that!
4 comments:
I can relate! I just got on here to update my blog though, so it'll give you something to read.
Yes, I get like this quite often. I often find I get like this when there is sooooo much to do and I just don't know where to start. Like right now. Anyway, hoping you get out of your funk soon!
I've been there the last few days too.
it looks like your health is ALOT better- no foot pain? that's real progress! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment